I create monthly kindness calendars to inspire others to spread joy to those around them. Today, I’m focusing that effort on simple acts of kindness you can perform for your spouse that will improve your relationship.
Acts of Kindness for a Stronger Marriage
It’s easy to let life get in the way and slowly erode our relationship. We start to take our spouse for granted because he doesn’t demand our time and attention the way other responsibilities do.
But just as small, seemingly insignificant things can break down our bond, the right ones can help us create a stronger marriage. Here’s a list of 30 small acts to inspire you:
- Draw a heart on the steamy bathroom mirror while your spouse is in the shower
- Get up early and make breakfast for your spouse
- Clean your spouse’s car
- Tell your spouse something you appreciate about him
- Call your spouse unexpectedly during the day just to say “I love you”
- Give your spouse a scalp massage
- Watch your spouse’s favorite show or sporting event with him
- Arrange a boy’s night for your husband
- Surprise your spouse with a warm towel as he finishes his shower
- Create a playlist of songs you and your spouse enjoyed listening to when you were dating
- Make a list of all the things you love about your husband and leave it on his pillow
- Ask your spouse about his day and listen with interest
- Make lunch for your spouse
- Do one of your husband’s chores for him
- Leave a Post-It note on the steering wheel with a nice message
- Tell your spouse something you admire about him
- Give your husband a neck massage
- Read a book your husband has recently read and discuss it with him
- Get ready as if you’re going out for a party, just to greet your spouse at the end of a long day
- Surprise your spouse with a small gift “just because”
- Tell your spouse your favorite memory of the two of you together
- Prepare your husband’s favorite dinner
- Compliment your spouse
- Hide a love note in your spouse’s wallet
- Give your spouse a back rub before bed
- Help your spouse with a project he is working on
- Print photos of you and your spouse and place them around a bedroom or bathroom mirror
- Give your spouse a hand or foot massage
- Text or e-mail your spouse throughout the day to let him know you are thinking of him
- Plan a date or getaway with your spouse
These simple acts of kindness aren’t difficult to perform and they’ll go a long way to show you appreciate your spouse.
Printable Kindness Calendar for Your Spouse
A fun way to practice these acts of kindness towards your spouse is to turn it into a challenge. Use this printable kindness calendar as a 30-Day Marriage Challenge. Try to complete all of the tasks over the course of the month.
After a month, hopefully showering your spouse with acts of kindness will be a new habit that you won’t even have to think about. Your spouse will feel loved and appreciated and will be going out of his way to make you feel the same! In just a few minutes a day, you’ll have managed to build a stronger marriage.