Italian Tortellini Salad is the perfect salad for spring and summer gatherings. This colorful salad is packed with veggies, protein, and flavor!
CAN YOU EAT COLD TORTELLINI?
If you are new to eating or cooking with tortellini you may have some basic questions.
One question I have been asked is whether it is okay to eat cold tortellini.
The answer is yes you can eat cold tortellini.
Tortellini need to be cooked first according to the package directions. This applies to fresh or frozen tortellini. Once the tortellini is cooked it can be eaten cold or hot.
INGREDIENTS FOR ITALIAN TORTELLINI SALAD
This is a simple salad to customize for your own personal tastes and preferences. Add extra veggies if desired or swap out different vegetables based on what you have on hand.
- Cheese Tortellini
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Grape Tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Pearls
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN TORTELLINI SALAD
I love easy and this Italian Tortellini Salad is definitely easy. The best part is that it tastes amazing and no one will know you didn’t spend hours making this side dish.
STEP ONE: COOK TORTELLINI
Start off with a bag of frozen cheese tortellini. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. After the tortellini are cooked drain them thoroughly.
STEP TWO: MAKE DRESSING
While the pasta is cooking go ahead and make the dressing. Pour the olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, garlic powder, and oregano into a small jar and shake the ingredients together.
STEP THREE: COMBINE INGREDIENTS
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked tortellini, olives, bell pepper, salami, pepperoni, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella pearls.
Toss to combine the ingredients with the dressing and it is ready to serve.
Serve the salad immediately or cover and refrigerate. This will be good for up to 3 days!
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this Italian pasta salad recipe via the recipe card below.
Italian Tortellini Salad
- 19 ounces frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup black olives sliced in half
- 1 cup orange bell pepper diced
- 1 cup salami slices quartered
- 1 cup pepperoni slices quartered
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, sliced, and cut into quarters
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- In a small jar, pour olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried basil, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Seal the jar and shake to combine.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with pasta.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately for best results or refrigerate up to 3 days.
If you love Italian tortellini pasta salad recipes sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Delicious Chicken Pasta Salad
- Tasty Summer Salads to Enjoy in the Sun
- Japanese Zucchini Noodle Salad with Miso Dressing
- Apple Coleslaw Salad Recipe
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Recipe (Olive Garden Copycat)
Be sure to PIN this for later!