Peppermint mocha is one of my favorite coffee flavors. You get the warm, comforting notes from the chocolate, perked up by the festive taste (and scent) of peppermint.
How to Make Peppermint Mocha Creamer in Your Instant Pot
The best thing about this peppermint mocha creamer recipe (aside from the great taste!) is how ridiculously easy it is to make when you use a pressure cooker.
I mentioned this was an easy recipe, right? To make it, you only need a few ingredients.
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (whole milk will yield a delightfully creamy result)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
You’ll need just a few other items to make this creamer.
- An Instant Pot (or any electric pressure cooker)
- Trivet that fits inside the pressure cooker inner liner
- A blender or (if you don’t have one) a whisk
- 2 pint-sized mason jars with lids (make sure they are metal lids, not plastic)
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend well. If you don’t have a blender, add them to a bowl and whisk well. If you’re whisking instead of blending, make sure the ingredients are well combined.
Divide the mixture evenly between two pint-sized mason jars. Then, secure the lids on each one.
I mentioned it in the equipment list, but it bears repeating — make sure you are using metal canning lids, not plastic ones. The plastic won’t fare well in the pressure cooker.
Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and then add one cup of water. Carefully set the filled mason jars on the trivet.
Now we’re going to let the Instant Pot take over. Secure the lid, turn the valve to sealing and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for one minute.
When the timer beeps, do a quick release by turning the valve to venting. Once all the steam has been released, carefully remove the lid.
Place the mason jars in the refrigerator. Or, if you prefer, go ahead and combine the creamer in a larger container before putting it in the fridge.
Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
For added yumminess, top your beverage with a dollop of whipped cream!
Ideas for Using Peppermint Mocha Creamer
This creamer works great in hot coffee, iced coffee and hot cocoa. Use it whenever you want to add a little festivity to your coffee or cocoa. Dress it up even more with some whipped cream and a candy cane or crushed peppermint candies sprinkled on top.
Since each mason jar contains enough creamer for 4-5 cups of coffee, this peppermint mocha creamer makes a quick and easy DIY coffee gift. Just add some ribbon and a gift tag to the jar. For added flair, attach a candy cane.
- Delicious Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
- How to Make a Homemade Butterbeer Frappuccino
- Instant Pot Apple Cider
Instant Pot Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- Instant Pot and trivet
- Pint-sized mason jars with lids
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Divide mixture evenly between the two mason jars.
- Place trivet inside Instant Pot and add one cup of water to the pot. Set mason jars on trivet.
- Pressure cook on high for one minute. Quick release.
- Refrigerate creamer until ready to serve.
Need to run to the store first? Don’t forget to pin the recipe so you can find it again later.