If you’re in the mood for something a little different, why not try this Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake? It’s sure to impress your guests! This dish is creamy and decadent, with a delicious seafood flavor.
If you love seafood recipes, then this Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake is definitely for you! It’s a unique and impressive dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
Crab meat is the star ingredient in this cheesecake, so it’s packed with flavor. Not only is crab delicious but it is also full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
This cheesecake is also made with cream cheese, sour cream, and buttermilk, so it’s incredibly rich and creamy. The addition of Old Bay Seasoning gives it a beautiful depth of flavor that takes it over the top.
Why I Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for a seafood-inspired cheesecake recipe, look no further than this Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake. It’s packed with flavor, and the crab meat is a star ingredient.
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love seafood then give this Air Fryer Crab Rangoon recipe a try next time.
This Crab Cheesecake recipe only requires a few simple ingredients, all of which are easy to find at your local grocery store.
- saltine cracker crumbs
- butter, melted
Crab Cheesecake Filling
- cream cheese softened
- large eggs
- minced onion
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- cream cheese softened
- sour cream
- crabmeat (optional)
- seafood sauce
- lemon zest
Milk: Out of buttermilk? Regular milk can be used instead.
Crackers: Instead of saltine crackers, you can use Ritz or buttery crackers instead.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to help you make this savory pressure cooker recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake
This Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake recipe comes together in just a few simple steps. It’s a decadent and delicious dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Crab meat is the star ingredient, so it’s packed with flavor.
Step 1: Line a springform pan with parchment paper
Cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan. Spray the paper and sides of the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Crush the saltine crackers
Crush saltine crackers in the food processor.
Step 3: Add the butter to the saltines
Mix crackers and butter together.
Step 4: Press the crust into the pan
Press cracker mixture into bottom and about 1-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
Step 5: Freeze the crust
Place crust in the freezer while making the filling.
Step 6: Mix together cream cheese and buttermilk
In a large bowl mix cream cheese and buttermilk until smooth.
Step 7: Add the eggs one at a time
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one.
Step 8: Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and seasonings
Add lemon juice, lemon zest, minced onion and seafood seasoning and mix until combined.
Step 9: Fold in the crab
Fold in crabmeat and pour mixture into the crust.
Step 10: Seal the pan with foil
Cover pan with foil, sealing the edges.
Step 11: Add water to the pressure cooker
Add 1½ cup water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Step 12: Place the springform pan in the Instant Pot
Step 13: Pressure cook cheesecake
Seal Instant Pot and set to high pressure and time to 40 minutes.
Step 14: Naturally Release the steam
Allow steam to release naturally after time is up.
Step 15: Allow the cheesecake to cool
Remove foil and allow to cool.
Step 16: Mix the topping ingredients
Mix together all ingredients except crab meat.
Step 17: Add the crabmeat
Fold in crab meat if desired.
Step 18: Spread on top of cooled cheesecake
Spread on top of cooled cheesecake.
Step 19: Chill for several hours
Chill for several hours before serving.
Step 20: Serve
Serve with crackers and cut vegetables. Serve with extra seafood sauce if desired.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
You can easily make this Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake recipe your own by adding in some of your favorite ingredients. Here are a few suggestions.
Color: Try adding some chopped green onions or diced red pepper for a little bit of color and flavor.
Spice: If you want a little bit of heat, you could also add some cayenne pepper to the filling mixture.
Bacon: Crumbled bacon is always a good idea. Try topping your Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake with some crispy bacon bits.
This Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake is delicious on its own. But, if you want to dress it up a bit, here are a few ideas.
- Serve with crackers and fresh vegetables for dipping.
- Try serving it with some grilled shrimp or scallops on top.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like parsley, chives or thyme.
- A dollop of sour cream would also be delicious.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake.
- If you don’t have a food processor you can crush the crackers in a storage bag by placing them inside and rolling over them with a rolling pin.
- If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a regular cake pan. Just line it with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray before adding the crust.
- If you want an extra lemony flavor, add the zest of one additional lemon to the filling.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes before using.
- You can use any type of crab meat you like in this recipe. If you want a more budget-friendly option, you could use canned crabmeat. Just make sure to drain it well before adding it to the filling.
- If you want a really creamy cheesecake, you could use 1 cup of heavy cream in place of the buttermilk.
Do you have questions about Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Store crab cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze crab cheesecake for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
This dish can be served cold or warm. If serving warm, reheat in the oven at 350 degrees until heated through.
More Seafood Recipes
If you like seafood, give these recipes a try:
- Keto Lobster Casserole
- Spicy Crab Dip
- Keto Lobster Cakes
- Instant Pot Crab Boil
- Baked Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Instant Pot Crab Cheesecake
- parchment paper
- Springform pan
- Food Processor
- Mixing Bowls
- Aluminum foil
- Instant Pot
- 1 ½ cups saltine cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
Crab Cheesecake Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tablespoon minced onion
- juice from 1 lemon
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning such as Old Bay
- 2 cups canned crabmeat
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup crabmeat optional
- 2 tablespoons seafood sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan. Spray the paper and sides of pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Crush saltine crackers in food processor.
- Mix crackers and butter together.
- Press cracker mixture into bottom and about 1-inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- Place crust in the freezer while making filling.
Crab Cheesecake Filling
- In a large bowl. mix cream cheese and buttermilk until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, minced onion and seafood seasoning and mix until combined.
- Fold in crabmeat and pour mixture into the crust.
- Cover pan with foil, sealing the edges.
- Add 1½ cups water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Set cheesecake on the trivet and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Seal Instant Pot and set to high pressure and time to 40 minutes.
- Allow steam to release naturally after time is up.
- Remove foil and allow to cool.
- Mix together all ingredients except crab meat.
- Fold in crabmeat if desired.
- Spread on top of cooled cheesecake.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
- Serve with crackers and cut vegetables. Serve with extra seafood sauce if desired.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!