There is almost nothing more delicious than an amazing dessert, especially after a great meal. This Instant Pot Orange Cream Cheesecake is the perfect addition to your dessert repertoire, especially during the summer months.
This is a delicious cheesecake that tastes as though you spent hours baking, without actually having to spend hours baking. This Instant Pot Orange Cream Cheesecake is here to change your dessert game forever.
Whether you have guests and want to create an amazing dessert to serve or your family is craving something sweet at the end of the day, this can be whipped up quickly, just keep in mind the cooling time.
Not only is this dessert sure to please everyone gathered around your table, but it is a tasty treat to serve at the end of a busy day.
The best part? It doesn’t only taste delicious, but it looks pretty too. With its gorgeous orange swirls, you are sure to get a few gasps of delight when you put this on the table.
How to Make Instant Pot Orange Cream Cheesecake
Change the dessert game with this gorgeous dessert in an instant. No matter the season or the reason, it is sure to impress without taking much fuss.
In addition to your Instant Pot, you’ll need a few additional items:
- A 7-inch cheesecake pan (I like this one since it fits perfectly inside the pot)
- Aluminum foil (to create a sling to make it easier to lower the pan and remove it from the Instant Pot)
- A silicone spatula (to get every last ounce of batter from the mixing bowl to the pan and also to swirl the food coloring)
You’ll be using common cheesecake ingredients like:
- Cream cheese (two 8-ounce blocks)
- Sugar (2/3 cup)
- Eggs (2 large)
- Sour cream (1/4 cup)
Because this is an orange cream cheesecake, you’ll also need the following ingredients:
- Orange extract (1/2 teaspoon)
- Orange food coloring (2-3 drops)
- Whipped cream (optional, but a nice added touch)
- Mandarin orange slices (also optional, but really adds to the visual appeal)
Step 1: Soften Cream Cheese
Prior to getting started, you will want to ensure that your cream cheese is softened enough. Using cold, fresh from the fridge cream cheese will not work. You will need two, eight-ounce packages.
Step 2: Prepare the Crust
The crust of this recipe is a traditional graham cracker crust. You will want to use a food processor to crumble them. If you do not have a food processor you can purchase pre-crushed crackers.
Spray the bottom of your 7-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine the crushed graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and melted butter, patting down into the bottom of the springform pan.
Step 3: Make the Batter
Cream together the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Add in one egg at a time slowly combining and then mix in the orange extract and sour cream until smooth.
Step 4: Prepare to Pressure Cook
Pour the mixture into the springform pan overtop of the crust.
Drip a couple of drops of orange food coloring onto the batter and swirl with a spatula to create a marbled look.
Using a fork, remove the air bubbles from the cheesecake mixture by running it back and forth.
Cover the pan with foil and pour two cups of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Step 5: Pressure Cook
Using aluminum foil, make a sling. This sling can be used to lower and remove the cheesecake both into and out of the pot.
Close the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing.
Set the Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 35 minutes. When time is up, allow the instant pot to perform a natural release for 12 minutes before turning the valve to venting to let out the remaining steam.
Allow cheesecake to cool on the counter for an hour before placing it in the fridge for an additional 4 hours.
You can slice and serve as is. Or, you can spread a thin layer of whipped topping over the top and add Mandarin Oranges as a decorative garnish.
And if you really want to indulge, wash your orange cream cheesecake down with an Orange Creamsicle Margarita!
Instant Pot Orange Cream Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2-3 drops orange food coloring swirled into cheesecake batter.
- whipped topping optional topping
- mandarin oranges slices optional garnish
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter and pat down on the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and then mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the orange extract and sour cream until smooth.
- Pour into springform pan on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Swirl orange food coloring into the cheesecake batter.
- Run a fork back and forth through the cheesecake several times to remove air bubbles.
- Cover with foil.
- Pour two cups of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place the metal rack in the bottom of the pot.
- Make a sling out of aluminum foil to lower the pan into the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn to sealing position.
- Set for a manual high-pressure time of 35 minutes. When the time has finished, allow for a natural release for 12 minutes before letting out the rest of the steam.
- Cool on the counter for an hour and then put in the refrigerator and cool for an additional 4 hours.
Not ready to make a cheesecake right this minute? Pin it so you can find it later!
Is an Instant Pot Cheesecake as Good as the Traditional Kind?
An instant pot cheesecake is a delicious alternative to the traditionally baked kind. In fact, depending who you ask it is even better.
This is because the texture is more mousse like than dense like the ones baked in the oven. Cooking time is also a lot less when done in the instant pot, however it does take almost as much time to chill in the refrigerator.
Instant pots are far more consistent when it comes to temperature than an oven, so it leads for a delicious and creamy product.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
Once you’ve made one Instant Pot cheesecake, you’ll be hooked! When you’re ready to try another one, here are a couple others to try.
This Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake is perfect for chocolate lovers. Top with berries to sneak in some antioxidants and also to create a great flavor combination!