Last Updated on January 22, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This Easy Instant Pot Chicken Chimichanga Recipe makes dinnertime a total breeze! Packed full of flavor and ready with minimal effort!
If you like this Instant Pot Chicken Chimichanga meal, be certain to try our Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice. This recipe is kid-friendly, hearty, and certain to become a staple in your monthly meal planning rotation.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Chimichanga Recipe
I made this simple chimichanga recipe because it adds a fun spin on Taco Tuesday. Because let’s be real – it’s a fun idea to change up the flavors and taste when you’re burnt out on making the same meals over and over again.
I also love that I can use a rotisserie chicken that I can buy from the store because that saves me so much time and energy!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make and such great flavor!
- Similar to Lumpia (Filipino Egg Rolls) and Instant Pot Tamales
Ingredients / Shopping List
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1 package fajita seasoning
- 1 can of drained pinto beans
- 1 can of diced green chilis
- 3 freshly diced jalapenos
- 1 cup of grated Colby Jack cheese
- 1 package flour tortillas (12)
- 1 can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 jar of cheese sauce
Substitutions and Additions
Flour Tortillas: While flour tortillas are soft, you can always opt for corn tortillas as well. They’ll have a different texture but still taste wonderful!
Black Beans: If you want to add an extra burst of protein, add in some black beans, too!
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
How to Make This Easy Instant Pot Chicken Chimichanga Recipe
With just 10 simple ingredients needed, this simple chicken recipe will be ready to eat and enjoy in no time at all!
Add the shredded chicken, salsa, seasoning, beans, chilies, and jalapenos into the instant pot.
Put the Instant Pot on sauté for 10 minutes. Stir often.
Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes on high.
Add parchment paper to a baking sheet and lay out the tortillas.
Add the mixture into the middle of the tortilla and top with shredded cheese.
Roll the tortillas and put them seam side down on the baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray.
Put the red sauce on top.
Add to the broiler and cook for 4-5 minutes. Take out and let cool. Drizzle with cheese sauce and garnish.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Variation 1: Instead of adding in salsa, add in canned tomatoes. This will still add flavor but won’t have any of the spice!
- Make certain to know the spice level of your jalapenos! That can make this dish super spicy fast.
- Change up the flavor of the shredded cheese to give this recipe a whole new taste.
All you need to do is add them to a storage container with a lid and keep them in the fridge. They’ll be ready for you to enjoy the very next day.
The quickest way is to reheat them in the microwave. You can also heat them low and slow in the oven.
You can. Meal prep and make the entire recipe, and before cooking, add it to the freezer. This way, when you’re ready for the meal, you can just unthaw and enjoy.
- Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan (Low Carb)
- Quick and Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Chimichangas
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 package fajita seasoning
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 3 jalapenos freshly diced
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese grated
- 1 package flour tortillas 12
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 jar cheese sauce
- Add the shredded chicken, salsa, seasoning, beans, chilies, and jalapenos into the instant pot.
- Put the Instant Pot on sauté for 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes on high.
- Add parchment paper to a baking sheet and lay out the tortillas.
- Add the mixture into the middle of the tortilla and top with shredded cheese.
- Roll the tortillas and put them seam side down on the baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray.
- Put the red sauce on top.
- Add to the broiler and cook for 4-5 minutes. Take out and let cool. Drizzle with cheese sauce and garnish.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!