This Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken is the perfect recipe for gearing up for warmer weather. Made with just 4 simple ingredients, you’re going to love the flavor and taste.
This easy quick dinner is always a hit for families. I love to bounce back and forth between this tasty grilled chicken recipe and these Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls. Both are fast and taste delicious.
Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken
Is it selfish to admit that I make this easy BBQ chicken recipe because I’m constantly craving the flavor? My kids don’t seem to mind because they love it as much as I do.
Keep in mind that once the weather turns nice, it’s perfectly fine to use your grill for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- Similar to Grilled Pork Chops with Rhubarb Orange Sauce
Ingredients / Shopping List
- BBQ Sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Substitutions and Additions
Chicken: I love this quick BBQ chicken because you can use any piece of chicken meat that you want for this recipe.
BBQ Sauce: Changing up the BBQ sauce every time is a simple way to change up the flavor of the dish.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- BBQ Grill
- Meat Thermometer
How to Make Easy Barbecue Chicken
Since you only need four ingredients, it couldn’t be a simpler recipe to make. Just follow the simple steps below to get started.
Preheat the grill to a medium-high temperature.
Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel once it’s cleaned and ready to go.
Put on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cover with olive oil. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Flip and repeat on the other side.
Put the chicken on the BBQ grill skin side down for about 15 minutes. The skin should be browned. Flip chicken and put on the BBQ sauce. Cook for another 15-20 minutes. Flip and put on more BBQ sauce.
Continue cooking for another 5 minutes or so and check the internal temperature. Once it hits 165 degrees, remove and place on serving platter.
Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes before eating.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Use a different type of meat: The great thing about this recipe is that you can use pork or even beef as well. It’s grilling season so it’s time to grill all the things!
- Pay close attention to the temperature of the chicken. You don’t want to overcook or undercook the meat.
- If you’re looking for a sticky glaze on your chicken, use a BBQ sauce that has the main ingredient as brown sugar. The sugar is what crystallizes and creates that sticky glaze.
If you’re lucky enough to have leftover chicken, just store in a container with a lid and keep it cool in the fridge.
When you’re ready to eat it again, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until you get your desired temp.
Spray your grill with non-stick cooking spray before adding on your chicken. This will keep the chicken from sticking and help your grill clean up better, too.
- Family Favorite Grilled Chicken Recipe
- If You Like Corn This Grilled Corn Salad Will Blow Your Mind
- Santa Fe Chicken Salad
Quick and Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken
- 3-4 pound chicken cut into pieces
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high temperature.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel once it’s cleaned and ready to go.
- Put on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cover with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Put the chicken on the BBQ grill skin side down for about 15 minutes. The skin should be browned.
- Flip chicken and put on the BBQ sauce.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Flip and put on more BBQ sauce.
- Continue cooking for another 5 minutes or so and check the internal temperature. Once it hits 165 degrees, remove and place it on a serving platter.
- Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes before eating.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!