Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips are sweet, crunchy and make a great low calorie snack. Using the air fryer makes these crispy cinnamon chips so easy to make.
If you love crunchy healthy chips you will love this recipe. Not only does this recipe taste great, but it is also an amazing kid friendly healthy snack.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips
Did you know that it is believed that eating an apple can help lower your LDL. Apples also contain Pectin which can help improve your gut bacteria.
Not only are apples nutritious, but cinnamon also provides our bodies with some health benefits like antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Why I Love This Recipe
Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips are crunchy and sweet and a very easy snack to make.
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love sweet and healthy homemade chips, you may enjoy these Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Chips.
You only need four simple ingredients to make this easy recipe. You most likely already have all of these ingredients on hand.
- small apples
- ground cinnamon
Apple Pie Spice: Use apple pie spice in place of the cinnamon, for a spicy flavor.
Avocado: Use avocado oil in place of olive or vegetable oil, for a fruity flavor.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
How to Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips
For this easy Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips recipe you only need 6 simple steps.
Step 1: Slice your apples
Using a mandoline slicer or knife, slice the apples into thin slices. Lay slices on parchment paper.
Step 2: Mix your toppings
Mix cinnamon and sugar until well combined.
Step 3: Season your apple slices
Spray the apple slices with oil and season with cinnamon sugar, repeat on the other side.
Step 4: Air Fryer
Place the apple slices in an air fryer basket, stacking them sporadically. Cook slices on 300 for 20 minutes, shaking the slices every 5 minutes. Once slices look dry, increase the temp to 325 and cook for 2 more minutes.
Step 5: Cool your apple chips
Remove the apple chips and let them sit for 5-10 minutes to allow for further drying.
Want to make these apple chips your own? Here are some of my favorite ways to change up these delicious air fryer chips.
Salted: Leave off the cinnamon and sugar, and top with a sprinkle of sea salt for salty apple chips.
Spicy: Skip adding sugar, and mix together 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and the ground cinnamon for a spicy take on apple chips.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: Do you like pumpkin? Replace the ground cinnamon, with pumpkin pie spice for a pumpkin spice flavor.
Serve apple chips as an afternoon snack, or even as a side to go with breakfast or lunch. These apple chips make for a great lunchbox snack!
Want to make sure that your apple chips turn out perfectly? Here are my best tips for you.
- Be sure to not overcrowd your air fryer, so that your apples cook all the way through.
- When cutting the apples, you can either core them or you could leave the seeds in the apples.
- If you need more time for crisper chips, add time in one minute increments to prevent burning.
- Slice your apples as thinly and evenly as possible for best crisping results.
Do you have questions for Air Fryer apple chips? I’ve got the answers to the most commonly asked questions for you.
Store your apple chips in an airtight container, like a jar or storage bag for up to two weeks.
Yes! Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and place your apple chips on a lined baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes to one hour.
Yes, you can freeze these apple chips for up to three months.
More Apple Recipes
If you like apples, give these recipes a try:
Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips
- Air Fryer
- 3 medium apples or 5 small
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Using a mandoline slicer or knife, slice the apples into thin slices. Lay slices on parchment paper.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar until well combined.
- Spray the apple slices with oil and season with cinnamon sugar, repeat on other side.
- Place the apple slices in air fryer basket, stacking sporadically.
- Cook slices on 300 for 20 minutes, shaking the slices every 5 minutes. Once slices look dry, increase the temp to 325 and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the apple chips and let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow for further drying.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!