These Easy Homemade Meatballs are a simple way to get dinner on the table fast. Forget store-bought – this is literally the best homemade meatball recipe, ever.
Made using ground beef, breadcrumbs, and other simple ingredients, the flavor of these homemade meatballs is pure perfection. Making meatballs is a fun process that tastes great, too.
I tend to vary on why I make this homemade meatball recipe. Sometimes I make it as an appetizer and sometimes I make it as a main dish served with Twice Baked Loaded Potato Casserole. But every time I make it, it’s a hit with the kids!
This simple recipe seriously makes the best homemade meatballs, ever.
Why We Love This Recipe
- They’re fun to make
- Always a hit at parties and family gatherings
- Similar to these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe which we love as well
Ingredients / Shopping List
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork/ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup – 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves of pressed garlic
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Substitutions and Additions
Meat: You can use a mixture of ground beef, pork, and turkey. You can also just choose to use one type of meat as well.
Breadcrumbs: Use plain or Italian breadcrumbs to change up the taste easily.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
How to Make Homemade Meatballs
This recipe may appear complicated but I promise you it’s not! The steps are simple to follow and the flavor is worth it!
Add aluminum foil to a baking sheet and then spray with non-stick spray.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Mix the ground beef and pork in a large bowl.
Mix in all the other ingredients until combined. (don’t overmix)
Roll the mixture into balls with your hands and put on the baking sheet.
Put in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until browned and no pink in the middle.
Take out of the oven and enjoy!
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Variation 1: Cut down on the fat content and make these meatballs using ground chicken meat!
- Don’t pack the meatballs too tightly so they cook and retain moisture.
- Make certain to get your favorite dipping sauces ready!
Once the meatballs are cooked, just store them in the fridge for later. Store them in a container with a lid to keep them fresh.
Reheating meatballs is as easy as putting them in the microwave for a few seconds of time. Start with 30 seconds – 1 minute for reheating larger batches.
You bet. The easiest way to freeze meatballs is to cook them first and then store them in a freezer-safe container for later.
- Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
- Low-Carb Instant Pot Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Meatballs and Gravy
Easy Homemade Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork or ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 – 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add aluminum foil to a baking sheet and then spray with non-stick spray.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the ground beef and pork in a large bowl.
- Mix in all the other ingredients until combined. (don't overmix)
- Roll the mixture into balls with your hands and put on the baking sheet. Put in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until browned and no pink in the middle.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy!
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!