This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe is a healthier version of a favorite party time snack. This is an appetizer recipe your guests will love so you might want to double it!
WHAT IS BUFFALO SAUCE?
Buffalo sauce is now a hugely popular way to spice up all sorts of foods. The sauce is traditionally made with hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, butter and seasonings.
It is a bold sauce that is used in a lot of appetizer recipes, including this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip.
INGREDIENTS FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
I love the taste of these chicken meatballs. It is a nice change from traditional beef meatballs.
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Ground Chicken
- Ranch Seasoning
- Vegetable Oil
- Ranch dressing
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
I know that making homemade meatballs is a tad time-consuming. The bottom line is that it is worth the time because homemade meatballs are AMAZING and so much better than the frozen meatballs you can buy in the freezer section at the store.
STEP ONE: WHISK SAUCE
Combine 1/2 cup buffalo sauce and an egg in a large bowl. Whisk these ingredients together.
STEP TWO: ADD PANKO
Now add the panko bread crumbs to the bowl and stir to combine the ingredients.
STEP THREE: ADD MEAT
Add the ground chicken and ranch seasoning to the bowl with the breadcrumb mixture. Stir to mix all the ingredients until well-combined.
STEP FOUR: MAKE MEATBALLS
Scoop the meat mixture into meatballs. I like to use a tablespoon to make uniform sized meatballs. Roll the meat to form evenly sized balls.
STEP FIVE: BROWN MEATBALLS
Place a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and heat it up.
Place the meatballs in the skillet and brown each side.
STEP SIX: ADD TO SLOW COOKER
Put all the browned meatballs into the slow cooker. Pour the remaining buffalo sauce over the top of the meatballs.
Cook the meatballs in the slow cooker on low for 2 hours, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
Serve the meatballs with ranch dressing, if desired. You are now ready for game day!
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for this yummy slow cooker buffalo chicken meatballs recipe via the recipe card below.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatball Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- 12 ounces buffalo wing sauce divided
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- Ranch dressing for dipping optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together ½ cup buffalo wing sauce and egg. Add bread crumbs and stir to combine.
- Add ground chicken and ranch seasoning and mix well.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop balls of meat mixture. Roll balls between hands to form an even ball.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add meatballs and brown each side.
- Place browned meatballs in the bowl of a slow cooker. Top with remaining wing sauce.
- Cook on low for two hours, stirring halfway through cook time.
- Serve meatballs with ranch dressing for dipping (optional).
If you loved this meatball recipe be sure to check out these other great recipes.
- Mini Meatball Appetizer Cups
- Low Carb Instant Pot Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Easy Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Tangy Vegan Meatballs Recipe
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion Recipe
- Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
- Easy Homemade Meatballs
- Instant Pot Asian Meatballs
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!