Teachers will adore this Highlighter Teacher Gift to start off their school year. A practical, useful gift that is so easy to put together with this free printable teacher gift tag that says, “It’s Going to be a Bright School Year With You as My Teacher.”
EASY WAYS TO START OFF THE SCHOOL YEAR RIGHT
As a mother, I am always a little anxious before each new school year. I worry about how my kids will get along with new teachers and if the year will go smoothly.
Having a large family, I have been through the whole beginning of the school year anxiety MANY times and have finally conquered it with these easy steps.
- Attend any back to school functions the school offers so you can meet the teacher and staff before the first day.
- Don’t forget about meeting the fine arts teachers because your child will be seeing these people regularly and we need to connect with them too.
- Prepare your child in advance for any major changes being in a new grade might bring. This can really help everyone have an easier transition.
- Go to the school beforehand and practice things like how to open a locker if that is something new.
- Send all the needed supplies with your child if at all possible. This lightens the teacher’s load!
- Give the teacher a back to school gift to ease the transition and show that you recognize how important teachers really are in your life!
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR A HIGHLIGHTER TEACHER GIFT
I love simple gift ideas that people can actually use. This one is perfect because teachers always need highlighters. It only takes a few supplies to pull these together.
HOW TO MAKE A HIGHLIGHTER TEACHER GIFT
Kids can definitely help you make these highlighter teacher gifts. When my child is giving a gift I like to make sure they are as involved as possible.
STEP ONE: PRINT GIFT TAGS
Start this DIY project off by printing out the teacher gift tags. Decide how many teacher gifts you need to give based on how many teachers your child will have this year.
Print off the appropriate number of gift tags. I like to print mine on white cardstock for a professional look.
I’ve created some gift tags that are available for free to my subscribers. If you like the ones pictured in this post, simply fill in the form below to get access to the Wondermom VIP library where you’ll find these, along with over 200 other printables you can download/print for free.
Once you have the tags printed, cut them out around the outer border with scissors.
STEP TWO: PUNCH HOLES
Use your single hole punch to punch two holes in the top of each gift tag.
STEP THREE: SECURE HIGHLIGHTERS
Lay the highlighters out flat and then secure them with some clear tape.
Tape the card to the top of the highlighters.
STEP FOUR: ADD RIBBON
Thread ribbon through the holes on the top of the gift tag and tie the ribbon in a pretty bow to finish the gift.
Repeat these steps depending on how many highlighter teacher gifts you are making.
If you have kids in school you may find these posts helpful:
- Back to School: Great Recipes and Routines to Start Off Your Morning
- Low Cost Ways to Help Your Child’s School
- How to Get and Stay Organized for the School Year
- Back to School Gift Ideas for Teachers
- One Smart Cookie Teacher Gift
Be sure to PIN this for later!