One of my all-time favorite candy bars is Almond Joy. I’ve even worked them into cookies before. The combination of dark chocolate, coconut and almonds is divine.
Since I’ve been on an ice cream making kick lately, I wanted to incorporate these flavors into my new obsession. The result is this Easy Homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream.
How to Make Homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream
Most of my homemade ice cream recipes only call for a few ingredients. This one has the most (so far) but it’s still only SIX ingredients.
Just like the name, half of the recipes provide the candy bar flavors, the other half make the ice cream. Together, they make an amazing frozen dessert!
Step 1: Make Whipping Cream
First, you need to whip the heavy cream to make whipping cream. Depending on whether or not I need an arm workout, I either use a whisk or my Kitchen Aid mixer.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a small bowl.
If you want, you can add vanilla extract to the sweetened condensed milk. I add it to some ice cream flavors, but usually, don’t include it in this one.
Step 2 – Make the Cream
Gently fold one cup of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk.
Fold the two together carefully until the cream is smooth.
Step 3: Prepare to Freeze
Next, pour half of the cream mixture into a freezer safe container.
Now it’s time to add all the ingredients that will make this ice cream taste like an Almond Joy candy bar. Sprinkle on coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds.
Pour the rest of the cream mixture and top with the rest of the candy ingredients.
Step 4: Freeze
Just a few hours in the freezer, and your Almond Joy Ice Cream will be ready to serve!
Homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream Recipe
Prefer exact measurements? Want a printable version? Here’s the recipe card for this Homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream:
Easy Homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Fold a cup of it into a bowl with the sweetened condensed milk, add optional vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk/whipping cream mixture back into the bowl with the heavy whipping cream and fold together until smooth and creamy.
- Next, pour half of the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Add half of the almonds, chocolate chips and coconut, and use a spoon or a knife to swirl the mix-in together with the ice cream (optional).
- Top with remaining ice cream, and then top that with the remaining almonds, chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
If you liked this recipe for Easy Homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream, you might enjoy these other (equally easy) ice cream recipes: