I recently joined a group of bloggers who challenge each other each month to come up with a cookie recipe based on a theme. This month’s theme was healthy cookies (my favorite kind!) and I had a great time creating this recipe for Healthy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. That’s right, they’re indulgent chocolate cookies that are actually good for you. And I’m not calling them healthy just because they have less fat and calories than other cookies, but because they actually contain several essential vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. My family loves them and I hope you do too.
- ½ c puréed prunes
- ⅓ c honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c puréed black beans
- ⅓ c cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ c quinoa flour
- 1 T flax seed
- 1 c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat puréed prunes, honey, egg whites and vanilla until well blended.
- Add black beans, cocoa powder, baking soda, quinoa flour, and flax seed. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
Here are even more recipes for healthy cookies from the Fill the Jar Facebook group.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- The Ultimate Horror Movie Calendar to Count Down to Halloween - September 22, 2017
- 5 Things Your Teenage Child Doesn’t Tell You - September 21, 2017
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili - September 20, 2017