This Cotton Candy Fudge is like nothing you’ve ever tasted before.
It’s sweet, decadent, and just a little bit whimsical, making it the perfect treat for any occasion.
This homemade fudge recipe is surprisingly easy to make! So gather your ingredients and get ready to indulge in some serious sweetness. If you and your kids like colorful fudge recipes, you should also try this Funfetti Fudge.
Cotton Candy Fudge
Cotton Candy is sometimes known as fairy floss or candy floss. This spun sugar confection is believed to have originated in Europe in the 19th century. No matter where it originated it quickly started making kids happy worldwide.
Why I Love This Recipe
This Cotton Candy Fudge is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It’s sweet and fun which makes it the perfect treat for any occasion.
- Easy to make
- Fun to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Looks beautiful on a plate
If you love fudge recipes, you may also enjoy this Reese’s Peanut Butter Fudge recipe.
This Cotton Candy Fudge recipe only requires a few simple ingredients that you may already have on hand.
- white chocolate chips
- sweetened condensed milk
- cotton candy extract
- Pink and blue food coloring
Food Coloring: You can use any color that you choose to use.
Candy Melts: Candy melts can be used instead of white chocolate chips.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this homemade fudge recipe.
How to Make Cotton Candy Fudge
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps, and the result is absolutely delicious. The end result is well worth the effort!
Step 1: Prepare an 8×8 pan
Line an 8-inch square baking dish with aluminum foil.
Step 2: Melt the white chocolate
In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together the white chocolate and condensed milk. Place in microwave for 90 seconds and let sit for a minute.
Step 3: Stir until smooth
Stir well to combine the melted chocolate and condensed milk.
Step 4: Add in the extract
Add the cotton candy extract.
Step 5: Separate the fudge into small bowls
Spoon out about 3 tablespoon of fudge or so into a separate bowl. Spoon an additional 3 tablespoon of fudge or so into another separate bowl.
Step 6: Color the fudge blue
Add the blue food coloring to one bowl and combine.
Step 7: Add the pink food coloring
Add the pink food coloring to one bowl and combine.
Step 8: Add the fudge to the pan
Spread the white fudge into the prepared pan. Drop spoonfuls of both colors of fudge onto the white fudge.
Step 9: Swirl the colors
Run a knife through the fudge to swirl the colors together to get the desired effect you are looking for.
Step 10: Chill for 3 hours
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to firm.
Step 11: Cut into squares
Cut into pieces and serve.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Do you want to personalize this cotton candy dessert recipe? Here are some of my tried and true swaps for this recipe.
Colors: Change the colors or leave the coloring out altogether.
Flavoring: Replace the cotton candy extract with a different flavoring.
Sprinkles: Top with sprinkles before the fudge hardens for an extra festive touch.
Do you want to make sure this cotton candy fudge recipe turns out perfectly for you? Follow these tips below.
- When microwaving the chocolate be sure to stir it often so that it doesn’t scorch.
- Make sure to use separate utensils for the white fudge and the colored fudge so that the colors don’t blend.
- If you are not used to working with melted chocolate, you can use candy wafers instead for the smoothest results.
Do you have questions about Cotton Candy Fudge? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week at room temperature or in the fridge for up to one month.
Yes, you can definitely freeze fudge for up to six months. You will need to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving though.
For this recipe, we are using cotton candy extract to mimic the flavor of this fluffy confection.
More Dessert Recipes
If you like fun desserts, give these recipes a try:
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Cotton Candy Fudge
- 8×8 baking dish
- Aluminum foil
- Microwave safe bowl
- Measuring spoon
- small bowls
- 20 ounces white chocolate chips or melting wafers
- 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cotton candy extract
- Pink and blue food coloring
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, stir together the white chocolate and condensed milk. Place in microwave for 90 seconds and let sit for a minute.
- Stir well to combine the melted chocolate and condensed milk.
- Add the cotton candy extract.
- Spoon out about 3 tablespoon of fudge or so into a separate bowl.
- Spoon an additional 3 tablespoon of fudge or so into another separate bowl.
- Add the blue food coloring to one bowl and combine.
- Add the pink food coloring to one bowl and combine.
- Spread the white fudge into the prepared pan.
- Drop spoonful’s of both colors of fudge onto the white fudge.
- Run a knife through the fudge to swirl the colors together to get the desired effect you are looking for.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to firm.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!