Slow Cooker Apple Crisp is a must-make dessert for autumn. The delicious smells of apples and cinnamon will fill your home with the most amazing aromas and the taste will make your tastebuds smile! This is a family favorite at our house and is going onto my big list of apple recipes and activities.
APPLES FOR FALL
Apples are a staple at our house year-round, but we especially love the scent of apples in the fall. It reminds me of apple-picking as a child and is something we still try to do occasionally.
Back to school time and apples also go hand in hand. There are so many cute apple-themed crafts to make and apple-flavored foods to eat this time of year.
If you love autumn as much as I do you will want to try out some of these apple activities to really get you in the fall groove.
- Make your own potpourri with sliced apples and spices. Let it simmer on the stove for a wonderful smell throughout your house.
- A fun family activity for a fall evening would be to set up a big bucket of water and have everyone bob for apples. This will get a lot of laughs from your children.
- Sit down and spend some quality time coloring with your kids. Just print off these free printable apple coloring pages and get started creating!
- Go to the grocery store and try a few new varieties of apples that your family hasn’t eaten before! You could even make this into a contest to see which variety gets the most votes for a new family favorite.
INGREDIENTS FOR SLOW COOKER APPLE CRISP
You know I am a fan of easy recipes and this definitely falls into that category. There are only five ingredients in this slow cooker apple crisp. It is a great way to use up apples so they don’t go bad.
- Granny Smith Apples
- Brown Sugar
- Yellow Cake Mix
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER APPLE CRISP
This is a simple recipe and the hardest part is peeling and slicing up the apples. I put my kids to work helping me on this part of the recipe! It goes so much faster if we work together.
STEP ONE: PREPARE APPLES
The biggest time-suck for this recipe is preparing the apples. You need 6 cups of granny smith apples peeled, cored and sliced. How many apples will it take? Well that all depends on the size of each apple, how deeply you peel them, etc.
Just keep peeling, coring and slicing until you reach six cups!
STEP TWO: FILL SLOW COOKER
Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Add all the sliced apples to the slow cooker.
Sprinkle the cinnamon over the apples. Then add the brown sugar to the apples. Next sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the top of the apples.
STEP THREE: ADD BUTTER
This step is important and brings the whole recipe together! You need to cut one stick of real butter into cubes and sprinkle those cubes of butter over the top of the mixture in the slow cooker.
STEP FOUR: COOK
Put the lid on your slow cooker and turn it on high for about 3 hours.
Once the apples are cooked this delightful dessert will be done!
Did I mention this is even more amazing served with vanilla ice cream? YUM!
SLOW COOKER APPLE CRISP RECIPE
Fall won’t be the same if you don’t try making an easier version of apple crisp by making it in the crock pot! I love apple crisp and my house smelled amazing for hours after I made this!
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Slow Cooker
- 6 cups granny smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter cut into cubes
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Then, add apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over apples. Add brown sugar. Pour cake mix over the top.
- Sprinkle butter cubes over the cake mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
If you love apple recipes be sure to check out these other great recipes with apple:
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!