These Air Fryer Banana Chips are the perfect snack! They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Plus, they are made with just a few simple ingredients!
If you love air fryer chip recipes, then this is the recipe for you. Not only is it made in your air fryer, but it’s also healthy and super easy to make. So, what are you waiting for? Make this snack today.
Air Fryer Banana Chips
I always feel good about feeding my family bananas because they are full of vitamins and minerals, like potassium. But sometimes, I feel like my family gets bored of eating them just as is. That’s when I like to make these air fryer banana chips.
Why I Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for a healthy, gluten-free, and tasty snack, look no further than these Air Fryer Banana Chips. They are crispy on the outside, but still soft inside – just enough to make your mouthwatering taste buds happy!
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love air fryer snack recipes, then next time you may want to give this Air Fryer Pickles recipe a try.
You only need a handful of ingredients to help you make these delicious banana chips! All of these simple ingredients can be found at your local grocery store, or you may already have them on hand in your pantries.
- green bananas
- extra virgin olive oil
Bananas: If you don’t have green bananas, you can use ripe bananas.
Oil: If you don’t have olive oil, any other type of vegetable oil, or melted coconut oil will work just fine.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this easy air fryer recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this crispy air fryer snack.
How to Make Air Fryer Banana Chips
Making these banana chips is simple and only requires a few minutes of prep time. Just follow the instructions below and you will have a tasty snack in no time at all.
Step 1: Peel the bananas and cut them into slices
Peel bananas and cut off the ends. Cut into very thin slices.
Step 2: Add the banana slices to a large bowl and season
Add banana slices into a mixing bowl. Add oil, paprika, and salt and combine until banana slices are thoroughly coated.
Step 3: Place slices in the air fryer
Lay out coated banana slices in a single layer in your air fryer – you may have to work in batches.
Step 4: Air fry banana chips
Bake in the air fryer for 17 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, until crispy.
Step 5: Serve and enjoy
Serve and enjoy!
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
If you want to get creative with your banana chips, there are a few ways you can change up the flavors of this recipe.
Cinnamon: Try adding some cinnamon to the mixture for a little sweetness and spice.
Spicy: Add some cayenne pepper or chili powder for a little heat.
Sweet: For a sweeter snack, drizzle with honey or chocolate sauce before serving.
These banana chips are a delicious and healthy snack on their own, but they can also be served as a side dish or appetizer. Here are some ideas of what to serve with your air fryer banana chips.
- Salsa: Serve these banana chips with your favorite salsa for a tasty and easy appetizer.
- Guacamole: Another delicious and easy appetizer idea is to serve these banana chips with guacamole.
- Chili: Serve as a side dish with your favorite chili recipe.
- Peanut Butter: If you make a sweet or cinnamon banana chip, then you can dip it in peanut butter.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the best air fryer banana chips.
- Thin slices: Be sure to slice the bananas thinly so they will cook evenly in the air fryer.
- Cook in batches: Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the banana chips in batches.
- Do not overcrowd: Make sure the banana chips are in a single layer and make sure that they are not touching each other in the air fryer so they will cook evenly.
- Flip halfway: Flip the banana chips over halfway through cooking so they will be crispy on both sides.
- Adjust seasonings: Add more or less salt, paprika, or other seasonings to taste.
- You can also use plantains for this recipe, however you may need to adjust the cook time.
- Instead of a knife, you could use a mandoline slicer to get even-sized banana chips.
- For easy clean-up, spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Other seasonings you could sprinkle on these homemade chips are garlic powder, black pepper, turmeric powder, or even a squeeze of lime juice before you air fry them.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this homemade banana chips recipe.
These banana chips can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Yes, you can freeze banana chips! Just store them in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
If your banana chips are not as crispy as you would like, you can put them back in the air fryer for a few minutes to crisp them up.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Banana Chips
- knife and cutting board
- Large bowl
- Measuring spoon
- Air Fryer
- 2 raw/green bananas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Peel bananas and cut off the ends. Cut into very thin slices.
- Add banana slices into a mixing bowl. Add oil, paprika and salt and combine until banana slices are thoroughly coated.
- Lay out coated banana slices in a single layer in your air fryer – you may have to work in batches.
- Bake in the air fryer for 17 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, until crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!