Air Fryer Keto Brussel Sprouts are a delicious and healthy low carb option. These Brussels are coated in a flavorful mixture of spices and then air fried to perfection. This keto friendly recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or side dish.
If you love easy keto-friendly side dish recipes, then this is the recipe for you. The best part is that even your family members that aren’t on a diet are going to love this flavorful vegetable recipe.
Keto Brussel Sprouts
Brussel Sprouts are great for the keto diet because they are a low-carb vegetable option. One cup of Brussel sprouts has only 3 grams of carbs.
The health benefits of brussels sprouts are excellent. They are a good source of fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals.
Why I Love This Recipe
Air Fryer Keto Brussels Sprouts are a delicious and healthy low carb option. These sprouts come coated in flavorful spices before being fried to perfection, making them the perfect side dish or quick dinner idea for those busy weeknights!
- Ready in under 45 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love delicious and easy brussel sprouts recipes, then next time give this Garlic & Herb Roasted Chicken & Vegetables recipe a try.
You only need a few ingredients to help you make this tasty keto side dish recipe. This recipe is the perfect way to use up the brussels sprouts that you have in the fridge. Plus, you only need a few pantry staples to season these tasty vegetables with.
- Brussels Sprouts
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese
Oil: You can use avocado oil, canola oil, or your favorite cooking oil if you are out of olive oil.
Cheese: Don’t have parmesan cheese on hand? You can use romano cheese, or your favorite cheese blend instead.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
Making these keto brussel sprouts is easy and only requires a few basic kitchen tools that you should already have on hand. Gather these tools and get ready for a vegetable side dish that your entire family will enjoy.
How to Make Air Fryer Keto Brussels Sprouts
Making these crispy brussels sprouts is simple. Just follow the instructions below and you will have a low carb side dish in no time at all.
Step 1: Steam the Brussels until slightly tender
Place the brussels sprouts into a microwave-safe bowl with a cup of water. Cover, and cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly tender.
Step 2: Drain and cool the sprouts
Drain the brussels sprouts, and allow them to cool slightly.
Step 3: Flatten the brussels sprouts
Use a flat pan or plate to flatten the brussels sprouts.
Step 4: Coat them in olive oil
Drizzle with olive oil.
Step 5: Season the sprouts
Sprinkle the sprouts with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 6: Air fry the brussels sprouts
Place the smashed brussels sprouts onto a greased pan or tray, and air fry at 275 degrees for 10 minutes per side.
Step 7: Air fry them again at 350 degrees F
Increase the temperature to 350 degrees, and air fry until crispy.
Step 8: Top with parmesan cheese and serve
Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and serve.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Do you want to add more flavor to these low carb brussels sprouts? Here are a few ideas that you can try:
Spicy: If you love a little bit of spice, then add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the seasonings.
Lemon: For a bright and fresh flavor, squeeze some lemon juice over the top of the sprouts before serving.
Bacon: For a heartier dish, add some crumbled bacon on top of the sprouts.
These air fryer brussel sprouts make the perfect side dish for any meal. Here are a few ideas of what you can serve with them:
- Roasted chicken
- Air Fryer Steak
- Baked fish
- Instant Pot Queso Chicken
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken
Follow these tips and tricks to make the best air fryer brussel sprouts:
- Make sure to cook the brussels sprouts in batches, so that they have enough room to crisp up.
- Don’t forget to flip the sprouts halfway through cooking, so that they cook evenly on all sides.
- If you want a more flavorful dish, then add additional seasonings to taste.
- Cut off the outer leaves of the brussel sprouts, as they can be tough and difficult to eat.
- Purchase smaller brussel sprouts, as they tend to be more tender.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make these roasted Brussels sprouts in the oven at 400 degrees F. Just cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Be sure to use a baking sheet so they have enough room to spread out.
- If you want to make these gluten-free, be sure to use cheese that does not have additives in it. Grating the cheese yourself would help.
Do you have questions about this keto brussel sprouts recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Store these brussels sprouts in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Yes, you can freeze these air fryer brussel sprouts. Just place them in a freezer-safe bag or container, and freeze for up to 2 months.
You will know that a brussel sprout is done when it is tender all the way through. You can test this by piercing the center of the sprout with a fork.
You can place them in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, or reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Keto Brussel Sprouts
- Large bowl
- measuring cup and spoons
- large pan or plate
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts with the ends trimmed and outer leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Place the brussels sprouts into a microwave safe bowl with a cup of water. Cover, and cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly tender.
- Drain the brussels sprouts, and allow to cool slightly.
- Use a flat pan or plate to flatten the brussels sprouts.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the sprouts with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the smashed brussels sprouts onto a greased pan or tray, and air fry at 275 degrees for 10 minutes per side.
- Increase the temperature to 350 degrees, and air fry until crispy.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and serve.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!