Last Updated on June 28, 2021 by Corinne Schmitt
During the summer, I love cooler dishes like this Grilled Corn Salad. It’s colorful, flavorful, and best of all – easy to make.
Corn is one of the few food all of my kids love so I like to use it to win them over when I’m trying a new recipe. In this recipe, the corn’s sweet flavor stands out because the other ingredients are so subtle. It’s a great way to get your kids to eat a healthy summer meal!
How to Make Grilled Corn Salad
Since I’m sharing the recipe, you KNOW it’s easy. Who has time to spend hours on dinner? Maybe I will one day, but right now it’s a small miracle that I get dinner on the table most nights so quick and easy are my two main criteria for recipes. This grilled corn salad recipe satisfies both requirements.
Step 1 – Grill the Corn
In order to make a grilled corn salad, you’re going to need some grilled corn! Remove the husks and grill them for 10-12 minutes, rotating frequently to brown the ears on all sides. Then, use a knife to remove the kernels from the cob.
Step 2 – Add Remaining Ingredients
Next, you’ll add all the other ingredients to the bowl – shrimp, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, jalapenos, cilantro, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper.
Gently fold the ingredients together to combine all the flavors.
Step 3 – Refrigerate
Though you can serve this salad right away, it tastes best when the flavors have time to blend. Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour and up to overnight. To serve, just spoon into individual bowls.
Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
Here’s a printable version of the recipe.
Grilled Corn Salad
- 3 large corn stalks husk removed
- ½ pound of medium cooked shrimp deveined and tails off
- ½ pint of grape tomatoes halved
- ½ -1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed, finely diced
- ¼ cup of red onions finely diced
- ¼ cup of cilantro finely diced
- ¼ cup of parsley finely diced
- ½ cup of cucumbers roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 teaspoons of lemon juice
- On a grill over medium high heat, place corn directly on grill. Cook for 10-12 minutes, rotating every few minutes until all sides are a bit charred.
- In a large bowl, gently scrape sides of corn with a knife, cutting off kernels into the bowl. Repeat process for all three stalks. Discard the center of the stalk.
- Add in additional ingredients to the bowl. Gently fold all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour before serving, so flavors can fuse together.
More Salad Recipes
If you loved the sweet corn flavor in this salad, you might enjoy this Sweet Corn and Watermelon Salad with Citrus Dressing.
Or, if you liked the fact that this grilled corn salad didn’t have any lettuce, you might prefer this Creamy Broccoli Salad.