Muffin Tin Western Omelets are one of my favorite recipes for brunch. This is a filling breakfast recipe and it is really easy to make up a large quantity in no time at all!
WHAT ARE MUFFIN TIN OMELETS
Muffin pans are extremely versatile and work great for so much more than just muffins or cupcakes. I make so many great recipes using a muffin tin.
One of our favorite appetizers is easy taco sausage cups and they are made in a muffin pan too!
Muffin tin omelets are just omelets baked in the oven utilizing a muffin pan instead of a pan on the stovetop. They are much easier to make because there is no flipping of the omelet involved, LOL.
It is also nice because you can make 12 at one time in the oven.
INGREDIENTS FOR MUFFIN TIN WESTERN OMELETS
This omelet muffin recipe calls for the traditional omelet ingredients needed for most omelets. Western omelets are full of delicious veggies and ham!
- Wonton Wrappers
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Bell Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Herbs, if desired
HOW TO MAKE MUFFIN TIN WESTERN OMELETS
The best part of this recipe is that it is very easy! There is nothing that has to be cooked separately because it all cooks right in the muffin pan.
STEP ONE: PREPARE PAN
Start off by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
Take your muffin pan and grease each muffin cup with non-stick cooking spray.
Press one wonton wrapper into the bottom of each muffin cup.
STEP TWO: ADD HAM AND VEGGIES
Take a bowl and add the chopped onion, the chopped bell pepper and the diced ham cubes. Stir these ingredients so they are well-combined.
Now place a large spoonful of the ham and veggie mixture into each of the muffin cups.
STEP THREE: EGG MIXTURE
I just use the same bowl the ham and veggies were mixed in to make the egg mixture.
Add the eggs and beat them together. Then mix in the heavy whipping cream and some salt and pepper to taste. Whisk these ingredients together well.
Pour some of the egg mixture into each of the muffin cups. Overfilling isn’t a huge issue because the egg will harden and form the shape of the muffin cup as it cooks.
STEP FOUR: BAKE
Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the omelets are cooked through.
When the egg muffins are done cooking remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top. You can also garnish with some fresh herbs if you like.
MUFFIN TIN WESTERN OMELET RECIPE
I know you are ready to make these delicious western omelets. The addition of the wonton wrapper around the omelet makes these taste delicious.
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions for Muffin Tin Western Omelets via the recipe card below.
Muffin Tin Western Omelets
- 12 Wonton wrappers
- 6 Eggs beaten
- ¼ c Heavy whipping cream
- 1 c bell pepper Chopped
- ½ c onion Chopped
- 1 c ham pieces Cubed
- 1 c cheddar cheese Shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Press a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each section of a greased muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, bell pepper and ham cubes. Stir to combine.
- Place a large spoonful of the filling mixture into each of the cups in the muffin pan.
- Beat together 6 eggs, and mix in ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour some of the egg mixture into each of the cups. If you overfill over the top of the wonton wrapper, it is not that big of a deal because the egg will harden and form the shape of the muffin tin cup as it cooks.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese onto the top of each of the omelette cups. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired, and serve immediately.
If you loved this easy breakfast recipe be sure to check these other ideas out:
- Apple Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Crepe Recipe
- Polar Bear Donuts
- Overnight Pumpkin French Toast
- Easy Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese
Be sure to PIN this recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!