It’s easy to fall into a routine and go day by day without really experiencing anything. You just go on every day without really focusing or paying attention to the moments in between. But how exactly do you get out of this endless cycle? As a mother how can you make the most of your time that you have with your son? Well, the answer to that is to make a mother and son bucket list with your son.
This bucket list will allow you two to fill up your days with adventure and endless fun! Figure out things that you’re interested in and passionate about, then go out and experience life to the fullest! Here are some ideas to help you get started.
Mother and Son Bucket List Activities
- Plan a camping trip for just you two.
- Take surfing lessons.
- Wake up in the middle of the night and go to an all-night diner for breakfast.
- Make a model car, train, airplane, etc.
- Visit all the museums in your area.
- Spend the day at an indoor rock climbing facility.
- Paint and revamp the house.
- Do some DIY projects like building a birdhouse.
- Take a spontaneous road trip.
- Go on a fishing trip for the day.
- Go on a running event together.
- Adopt a dog from a local animal shelter and train it together.
- Go to a professional sports game.
- Volunteer for any local event together.
- Serve at a shelter together.
- Take a horseback riding class.
- Start a hobby together like stamp collecting, etc.
- Go skiing or snowboarding, if you don’t know how to take a class.
- Take an archery class together.
- Fly a kite.
- Build a kite.
- Start a movie or book club.
- Make a huge crazy pizza from scratch.
- Create your own cookie recipe together.
- Watch the entire movie series.
- Start an investment account.
- Take your son somewhere that’s special to you.
- Do something your son’s always dreamed of doing.
- Watch a meteor shower or other cosmic events when they happen.
- Visit local historical sites and learn more about the area you live in together.
- Do something nice for your neighbors and keep it anonymous.
- Go out for a special “date” night.
- Build some crazy forts using blankets, cardboard, etc.
- Learn a new skill together.
- Go to a concert together.
- Make food-colored snowmen.
- Cook dinner for the family together.
- Play some video games.
- Make some fun and crazy art and display it in the house.
- Go on a canoeing trip.
- Go rafting.
- Rent a cabin by a lake and stay for a weekend.
- Visit older family members and talk/ask questions about their past.
- Go skydiving.
This mother and son bucket list is just an example of the many different activities you and your son can add to your own bucket list to have a great time and really make the most of your days together until it’s too late. If you know of or can think of any other activities you think would be great on a mother-son bucket list please share in the comments!
More Together Time Ideas
While you can make some great memories with the bucket list items above, there are plenty of easy, inexpensive ways to spend quality time with your son too. Check out this list of FREE mother and son activities.
For those of you with daughters, here are some ideas for mother daughter bonding time.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- How to Clean, Store and Chop Fresh Herbs: 3 Important Tips - July 28, 2017
- 25+Free Printables for Organizing Home Life - July 27, 2017
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob - July 26, 2017