This Instant Pot Mushroom Pasta is perfect for Meatless Mondays. It’s easy, inexpensive, filling, and delicious. That’s why it’s a staple on our dinner menu and one of my favorite Instant Pot recipes.
Since I grind up the mushrooms, even my meat eating teenage boys find this dish satisfying. I guess since it looks more like a hamburger pasta dish, they don’t think of it as vegetarian, which is usually a term they associate with salads that don’t appease their voracious appetites.
You could make this Instant Pot Mushroom Pasta with sliced mushrooms, if you prefer. It looks a little prettier, but it all tastes delicious!
How to Make Instant Pot Mushroom Pasta
If you’re familiar with my blog, you know I don’t like complicated recipes. I don’t have time or energy for those! This recipe is just as easy as all my others so you can spend more time enjoying your family dinner conversation and less time slaving away in the kitchen.
Step 1 – Prepare the Mushrooms
The mushrooms are going to take the place of meat in this entree so we want them chopped into very small pieces, so they look almost like ground beef. The fastest and easiest way to do this is to put them in a food processor.
Step 2 – Cook the Mushrooms and Pasta
Place the mushroom pieces and uncooked pasta in the Instant Pot. Cover them with vegetable broth.
Cook on the Soup setting for 10 minutes. Then quick release.
Step 3 – Add Remaining Ingredients
Next, stir in the sundried tomatoes, milk, and parmesan. Add salt and pepper (I use red pepper flakes instead of black pepper for extra zing) to taste.
Make sure you mix it well to combine all the ingredients.
Serve with an extra dash of parmesan and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Instant Pot Mushroom Pasta Recipe
Here’s a printable version of the recipe.
Instant Pot Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 lb pasta
- 4-5 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 3 Tablespoons sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- Parsley optional garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor and grind until they are in small pieces.
- Place the mushrooms in your instant pot and add the uncooked pasta.
- Add in the vegetable broth - roughly double the amount to your pasta, and cover the IP.
- Select the soup setting and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow a 5-minute pressure release, then quick release. Once the steam is completely let out, remove the lid.
- Stir in the sundried tomatoes, milk and parmesan. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper (I prefer red pepper flakes instead of black pepper for this recipe).
- Serve with an additional sprinkle of parmesan and chopped parsley.
I hope your family loves this Instant Pot Mushroom Pasta as much as we do!
More Instant Pot Resources
Do more with your Instant Pot with these helpful Instant Pot Accessories: