This Instant Pot Tomato Feta Pasta is one of my favorite Instant Pot pasta recipes. With a cook time of 30 minutes, there’s a reason that this copycat TikTok viral feta pasta recipe is so popular!
Instant Pot Tomato Feta Pasta
While I love cooking up pasta for the kids, I’m always wanting to vary it up a bit as well. There’s no reason why you can’t make the noodles a tad bit more exciting, right?
Once we all had our first taste of this delicious pasta combination, it’s safe to say that we were already talking about when we were going to be cooking this up again. (And as much as I wanted there to be leftovers – the entire pot of pasta was gone!)
Why We Love This Recipe
- Fast (ready in half an hour!)
- Great for picky eaters (pasta, cheese and sauce — most kids love this combo!)
- Similar to this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe that’s another family favorite
- It goes well with this Instant Pot French Bread
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Minced garlic
- Favorite pasta (I used spaghetti noodles)
- Basil leaves
Substitutions and Additions
Pasta: A simple way to change up the look of this feta and tomato pasta recipe is to change up the type of noodles that you use.
Red Pepper Flakes: This can be optional but it gives this pasta dish a nice little kick of flavor!
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
How to Make Instant Pot Tomato Feta Pasta
This recipe will come together quickly as it’s cooked and ready in just 30 minutes of time.
Step 1: Place tomatoes in pan
Put the cherry tomatoes in a 9×13 baking pan and cover with 2 tablespoons of garlic and oil.
Step 2: Add feta
Grab and place the feta cheese brick in the middle of the pan of the tomatoes and cover with the rest of the spices and oil.
Step 3: Bake
Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
As the dish is baking, it’s time to put the pasta in the Instant Pot and add water. Put on the lid and seal that and the pressure valve.
Put the timer to 6 minutes and cook on high. Manually release the pressure once done cooking and drain out the water.
After the feta is done baking, stir the feta and tomatoes until creamy. Pour that mixture over the top of the drained pasta and enjoy!
For added flavor and color, top with fresh basil. You can also add some grated parmesan if you want.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Add other veggies: Even though this recipe calls for just tomatoes, branch out and make it your own by adding in other tasty additions. It’s worth a try to get the kids to add some healthy bites to their day!
- If your pasta is sticking together, a few drops of olive oil will go a long way while you’re stirring.
- Cherry tomatoes work best but you could also cut up other kinds of tomatoes and add those as well.
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, store the pasta in the fridge in a container with a lid. This will help it from drying out.
I like to just pop it in the microwave and reheat. I also add a tad bit of butter in with the noodles before reheating to give them some extra liquid.
You can so be certain to follow the directions that are listed in the printable recipe below. You can also undercook it as well!
Instant Pot Tomato Feta Pasta
- 20 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 10.5 ounce brick of feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 10 ounces pasta
- basil leaves for garnish
- Put the cherry tomatoes in a baking pan (13X9) and cover with 2 tablespoons of garlic and oil.
- Grab and place the feta cheese brick in the middle of the pan of the tomatoes and cover with the rest of the spices and oil.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- As the dish is baking, it's time to put the pasta in the Instant Pot and add water. Put on the lid and seal that and the pressure valve. Put the timer to 6 minutes and cook on high. Manually release the pressure once done cooking and drain out the water.
- After the feta is done baking, stir the feta and tomatoes until creamy. Pour that mixture over the top of the drained pasta and enjoy!
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!