Last Updated on March 23, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This Instant Pot Ham Alfredo is a creamy and satisfying comfort meal everyone in the family will love. Even better, it’s super easy and fast to make!
On my Instant Pot page, I explain all of the reasons I love my Instant Pot. Ironically, this Instant Pot Ham Alfredo doesn’t feature most of my favorites.
It’s not any faster than making it on the stove; since you have to drain the pasta, it’s not a one-dish meal; you have to monitor it to be able to release the pressure to prevent the pasta from overcooking; plus, it’s not a “dump everything in and cook” recipe.
So why make this dish in the Instant Pot instead of on the stove top? The simple answer is, either version works great (in fact, I give the stovetop instructions below the IP recipe).
However, the more complicated answer is one only Instant Pot lovers will understand. Sure, you get some marginal energy savings by cooking in the Instant Pot instead of on the stove. But for those who have come to use their Instant Pot almost daily, when we can use it, we do!
How to Make Instant Pot Ham Alfredo
Like most of my recipes, this Instant Pot Ham Alfredo is pretty simple. Here’s how to make it:
Step 1 – Cook Pasta
Add penne pasta to your Instant Pot and then cover with water and chicken broth. Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
Step 2 – Drain Pasta
Quick release the pressure immediately after the timer beeps. Then drain the pasta and return it to the liner.
Step 3 – Add Remaining Ingredients
Next, pour in a jar of alfredo sauce, ham, mozzarella, and parmesan. Set the Instant Pot to “Saute” mode and stir until the cheese is melted.
Your Instant Pot Ham Alfredo is ready to serve! Serve it with a side salad or, for an all-in-one dish, add peas or asparagus directly to the pasta before serving. If you like ham recipes, you should try this Ham Spinach Cheese Quiche too!
Instant Pot Ham Alfredo Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Ham Alfredo? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Ham Alfredo
- 1 16 oz box of Penne pasta
- 1 15 oz jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 8 oz diced ham
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pour box of penne into Instant Pot liner.
- Pour water and chicken broth into liner so that all pasta is covered.
- Lock lid on and set vent to sealing.
- Press Manual High pressure for 4 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps release vent completely until all pressure has released.
- Drain pasta.
- Return noodles to the liner.
- Add alfredo sauce, ham, and cheese.
- Saute and stir constantly until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and return to large pot.
- Add alfredo sauce, ham, mozzarella and parmesan to pasta. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.