I love cooking in my Instant Pot, especially now that the weather is warmer since it doesn’t heat up the whole house. This Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi is one of my favorite summer dinners since it’s so easy to get fresh shrimp!
My family loves rice so I usually make our Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi that way. However, I’ve also made it with farfalle pasta too and it’s equally delicious!
How to Make Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
Since shrimp cooks so quickly, this meal is ready FAST. And like all my recipes, it’s just a few simple steps.
Step 1 – Prepare the Base of the Sauce
First, we need to melt some butter and cook the garlic. Do this on the Saute setting.
Once the smell of garlic is wafting through your home, add the white wine and chicken stock to deglaze the pot.
Step 2 – Cook the Shrimp
Turn the Instant Pot off, throw in the shrimp, and replace the cover. Set to Meat/Stew for one minute. Natural release for 5 minutes.
Step 3 – Add the Rice or Pasta
Finally, stir in the rice or pasta, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
Dinner’s ready! Now you just have to spoon a generous serving of shrimp scampi onto each person’s plate.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Here’s a printable version of the recipe.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
- 2 lb shrimp
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine optional
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb pasta or 3 cups cooked rice*
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley optional garnish
- Place the oil and butter in the Instant Pot. Set to Sautee.
- When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the white wine and chicken stock to deglaze the pot, and stir up any browned bits.
- Turn off the Sautee setting and add the shrimp and cover.
- Set to meat/stew for 1 minute and natural release for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta or rice and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- *To cook rice in your instant pot, use 2 cups of rice and 3 cups of water. Use the rice button on Instant Pot and do a 10-minute natural pressure release.
- *To cook pasta in your instant pot, use 2 cups of pasta to 3 cups of water. Use the soup button and cook 8 minutes, quick release.
I hope your family loves this Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi as much as we do!