Everything Bagel Chicken is a delicious twist on the usual chicken recipe. It is a simple and quick dish that costs little to make and is always a hit with family and friends.
If you love easy chicken recipes then this is the recipe for you. Not only is this recipe easy to make, but it is also family-friendly.
- Everything But the Bagel Chicken
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Everything Bagel Chicken
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- Serving Suggestions
- More Chicken Recipes
- Everything Bagel Chicken Recipe
- Everything Bagel Chicken
Everything But the Bagel Chicken
Everything bagel seasoning is a mix of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion flakes, garlic flakes, sunflower seeds, caraway seeds, pretzel salt, and black pepper. This blend was invented to top bagels but has recently taken off flavoring other dishes.
Why I Love This Recipe
I really love this recipe because it is simple to make and tastes great.
- Ready in under an hour
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love chicken recipes you may want to try this Instant Pot Saucy Chicken recipe.
This recipe only requires five basic ingredients. All of the ingredients are budget-friendly helping you keep your food costs low.
- Chicken drumsticks
- Panko-style bread crumbs
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning
Chicken: Chicken thighs can be used in place of drumsticks for this recipe.
Breadcrumbs: Regular bread crumbs can be used in place of panko.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need four helpful tools to help you make this easy and tasty recipe.
- 8×8 casserole dish
- three shallow dishes – you can use bowls or plates for this
How to Make Everything Bagel Chicken
Follow the seven simple steps below and you will have a tasty chicken recipe in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Preheat oven to 350F.
Step 2: Prepare the baking pan
Grease an 8” x 8” casserole dish and set it aside.
Step 3: Assemble the ingredients
Place the flour in a shallow dish, the milk in a shallow dish, and the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
Step 4: Add the seasoning
Stir the EBTB seasoning into the flour.
Step 5: Dredge the chicken drumsticks
Fully saturate the chicken in the buttermilk, then dredge in the seasoned flour, back in the buttermilk, and then finally dredge in the breadcrumbs.
Step 6: Place in the pan
Place each breaded chicken drumstick in the prepared casserole dish and repeat with all drumsticks.
Step 7: Bake the chicken drumsticks
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until drumsticks reach an internal temperature of 165F.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Do you want to personalize this recipe? Here are my favorite tried and true swaps for this recipe.
Extra Tender: Soak the drumsticks in buttermilk overnight to make them extra tender.
Spicy: If you like your meals spicy, use spicy bagel seasoning or add some cayenne pepper to the flour.
More Flavorful: Add some garlic powder to the breadcrumbs for more flavor.
Are you wondering what to serve with this tasty Everything Bagel Chicken recipe? Here is a list of my favorite side dishes to serve with this dish.
Are you looking for tips for this recipe? Here are my best helpful hints.
- Add some different seasonings to the breading mixture such as garlic powder, onion powder, or cayenne pepper for a little variety.
- Make sure that the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
- Grease your baking dish with shortening, butter or even cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Do you have questions about this Everything Bagel Chicken recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Place in an airtight container with the lid on. Store leftover chicken in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you would like to reheat the chicken, place it in the baking dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 – 15 minutes or until warm.
No, they are not spicy. However, you can add some cayenne pepper to the flour for more heat.
More Chicken Recipes
If you like chicken recipes, give these recipes a try:
Everything Bagel Chicken Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Everything Bagel Chicken
- 4-6 Chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cups Panko-style bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Everything But the Bagel seasoning or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 8” x 8” casserole dish and set aside.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish, the milk in a shallow dish and the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Stir the EBTB seasoning into the flour.
- Fully saturate the chicken in the buttermilk, then dredge in the seasoned flour, back in the buttermilk, and then finally dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Place each breaded chicken drumstick in the prepared casserole dish and repeat with all drumsticks.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until drumsticks reach an internal temperature of 165F.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!