This Air Fryer Animal Fries Recipe is about to change your lives. Crispy fries that are loaded with cheese and onions, there’s no need to head out to a fast-food chain when you can make them at home with this recipe.
If you love crispy air fryer recipes then this is the recipe for you. This is the perfect side dish and it tastes like you spent hours making them.
- Animal Style Fries Recipe
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Air Fryer Animal Fries
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- Toppings/Serving Suggestions
- More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Animal Fries Recipe
- Air Fryer Copycat In N Out Animal Fries
Animal Style Fries Recipe
Animal Style is a “secret” menu from the popular fast-food restaurant In N Out. Animal Style fries are fried until crispy, topped with melted cheese, caramelized onions, and their signature sauce.
Why I Love This Recipe
Air Fryer Animal Fries are a crispy and delicious side dish that you can never get enough of.
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love air fryer french fries give this Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes Fries recipe a try.
This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store. Though some of you may already have these ingredients on hand!
- Russet potatoes, large
- American Cheese
- White onion, diced
- Thousand Island Dressing
Potatoes: You can use Idaho potatoes instead of russets if you have those on hand already.
Onions: Don’t have a white onion? Save a trip to the store and use yellow onions instead.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few simple tools to help you make this In N Out Animal Fries recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Animal Fries
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps, but the end result is worth it.
Step 1: Peel and slice the potatoes
Peel your potatoes. Cut them into long, fry-shaped lengths.
Step 2: Air Fry the fries
Place them in your Air Fryer for 15 minutes at 370 degrees. Shake them halfway through at the 7-minute mark, then continue to cook.
Step 3: Saute the onions
While the fries are cooking, sauté your onions until they are golden brown. Once cooked, set aside.
Step 4: Top the fries with cheese
Once done, assemble your fries on your plate or serving dish. Evenly place your slices of American cheese over the fries.
Step 5: Add the onions
Add your onions on top of the cheese, then evenly drizzle your dressing over the fries.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Are you looking for ways to personalize this recipe? Here are my favorite tried and true tips for switching things up.
Bacon: You can never go wrong with adding bacon to this dish.
Jalapeno: Add a spicy kick by topping these with fresh sliced jalapenos.
Ranch: Switch out the thousand island dressing for ranch for a tangy twist.
Wondering what to serve with this Animal Style Fries recipe? Here are my entrees to serve with them.
- Chicken nuggets
- Fried shrimp
Here are some helpful tips to make sure that your fries turn out perfectly. What are you waiting for, you are going to love this recipe!
- Be careful to not overcrowd your air fryer basket so that your fries crisp up nicely.
- If you need more than one serving of these fries, simply double or triple the recipe and cook your fries in batches.
- If you want to melt the cheese, you can use an oven-safe plate or place the fries on a baking sheet and pop the plate in the oven for a couple of minutes.
- While you can add all of the ingredients to your serving dish or plate, I find it best to put the fries on a separate plate, then add the sauce and toppings. Some people like it more than others so this way everyone can choose their own.
Do you have questions about this Air Fryer Animal Fries recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the fridge. I like to store the ingredients separately so that they don’t get soggy.
Simply heat them up in your air fryer at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes until they’re warm.
Yes, you can freeze leftover air fryer fries. Freeze them for up to three months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
Air Fryer Animal Fries Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Copycat In N Out Animal Fries
- 2 Russet potatoes large
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 1 White onion diced
- ½ cup Thousand Island Dressing
- Peel your potatoes. Cut them into long, fry-shaped lengths.
- Place them in your Air Fryer for 15 minutes at 370 degrees. Shake them halfway through at the 7-minute mark, then continue to cook.
- While the fries are cooking, sauté your onions until they are golden brown. Once cooked, set aside.
- Once done, assemble your fries on your plate or serving dish. Evenly place your slices of American cheese over the fries.
- Add your onions on top of the cheese, then evenly drizzle your dressing over the fries.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!