Last Updated on January 22, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This Instant Pot Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice will have you never having to order out again. Such a simple recipe that tastes exactly like the real deal!
Made with just four simple ingredients, this delicious copycat recipe will take care of your Chipotle craving every single time. Fast, easy, and kid-approved! I love this copycat cilantro lime rice.
Instant Pot Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
Never in my life did I think that I’d love rice as much as I do. But this recipe changes it all. I’m totally fine going overboard on my carbs for the day as long as this is the rice recipe that I’m eating.
Not only can you eat this rice recipe as it is on its own but it pairs perfectly with tacos, burritos, and even a side dish or chicken, too.
Why We Love This Recipe
- This copycat chipotle cilantro lime rice is a simple and easy side dish with minimal effort
- Fun and an easy copycat recipe like this Air Fryer Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets Recipe
Ingredients / Shopping List
- White rice
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Lime juice, freshly squeezed or store-bought lime juice
Substitutions and Additions
Cilantro: Make certain that the cilantro is fresh as this brings out a ton of amazing flavor!
Lime Juice: I think that this ingredient is the star of the show as it’s what mixes perfectly with the cilantro and has you coming back for more.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
How to Make Instant Pot Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
This recipe will come together in 5 easy steps and takes just a little bit over 30 minutes to perfect. Much faster than hopping in the car and driving all the way across town to pick it up! (plus – leftovers!)
Pour 2 cups of the rice into the Instant Pot as well as 2 1/2 cups of water.
Push the “Rice” button on your Instant Pot.
Double check that the sealing valve is closed.
Once the time has passed, allow it to naturally release.
After the natural release is done, it’s time to open the lid on your Instant Pot. Make certain to add in the lime juice and cilantro and stir.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Mix in some veggies: While this might take away from the whole “copycat” aspect of this simple rice recipe, this could be an easy way to sneak in a few extra veggies for the kids to eat.
- Once the natural release is done, it’s all ready to serve. I always fluff with a fork, too!
- Don’t be scared to add in a bit more lime juice as well – I like it to be really full of that lime flavor!
The great thing about this easy rice recipe is that you just have to store it in the fridge in a container with a lid.
Using the microwave to reheat rice is a fast and easy reheating method. It will also make the rice soft and fluffy again, too.
You can but this recipe is so good with fresh cilantro. Dried cilantro is more of an herb that you’ll add to recipes but the addition of fresh cilantro really takes it over the top.
- Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Instant Pot White Rice
- Instant Pot Tamales
Instant Pot Chipotle Copycat Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Pour 2 cups of the rice into the Instant Pot as well as 2 1/2 cups of water as well.
- “Rice” button on your Instant Pot.
- Double-check that the sealing valve is closed.
- Once the time has passed, allow it to naturally release.
- After the natural release is done, it's time to open the lid on your Instant Pot. Make certain to add in the lime juice and cilantro and stir.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!