Everyone in my family (aside from my vegetarian) loves bacon so I work bacon into a lot of recipes. You might remember my BLT appetizer cups. With two pounds of bacon on hand from my recent review of ClubsGalore, I decided to bake a loaf of bacon bread.
The recipe is a simple one and only calls for a few ingredients. Pictured below are all of the ingredients.
To make the bread, you just have to cook and crumble the bacon, combine the dry ingredients, combine the wet ingredients, and then mix everything together. It all gets poured in a loaf pan and baked for 45 minutes. See? Pretty easy.
This makes a nice treat for Dad on Father’s Day, either as part of his breakfast that day or as a gift from the kids. The recipe is easy enough for even the most novice of bakers to make.
- 1 lb bacon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 T baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp liquid smoke flavoring
- 1½ cups milk
- In a large skillet, or on a griddle, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain; reserve ⅓ cup bacon drippings.
- Cool bacon to room temperature, crumble, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine next 4 ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together reserved bacon drippings and the next 3 ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until moistened.
- Fold in bacon.
- Pour batter into a greased 5 x 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- How to Clean, Store and Chop Fresh Herbs: 3 Important Tips - July 28, 2017
- 25+Free Printables for Organizing Home Life - July 27, 2017
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob - July 26, 2017