Last Updated on October 1, 2020 by Corinne Schmitt
Everyone in my family (aside from my vegetarian) loves bacon so I work bacon into a lot of recipes. You might remember my BLT appetizer cups. With two pounds of bacon on hand from my recent review of ClubsGalore, I decided to bake a loaf of bacon bread.
Ingredients For Making Bacon Bread
The recipe is a simple one and only calls for a few ingredients. Pictured below are all of the ingredients.
Only A Few Steps To Make Bacon Bread
To make the bread, you just have to cook and crumble the bacon, combine the dry ingredients, combine the wet ingredients, and then mix everything together. It all gets poured in a loaf pan and baked for 45 minutes. See? Pretty easy.
This makes a nice treat for Dad on Father’s Day, either as part of his breakfast that day or as a gift from the kids. The recipe is easy enough for even the most novice of bakers to make.
- 1 lb bacon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 T baking powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- In a large skillet, or on a griddle, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain; reserve 1/3 cup bacon drippings.
- Cool bacon to room temperature, crumble, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine next 4 ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together reserved bacon drippings and the next 3 ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until moistened.
- Fold in bacon.
- Pour batter into a greased 5 x 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
11 thoughts on “Simple And Easy Bacon Bread Recipe”
This receipe is much like the bacon bread I buy at my local Farmer’s Market. Their bread includes cheese. I wonder how your receipe would turn out if I added a small amount of cheese.
I think adding cheese to it is a great idea! You’ll have to try it and come back and let us know how it turned out.
I think it would be awesome to toast the bacon bread and then melt cheese on it.
That does sound delicious! If you try it, you’ll have to come back and let us know how it worked out. Thanks for commenting.
This recipe is brilliant! Thanks for sharing.
You’re welcome! It’s fun to come up with different combinations of food that you wouldn’t normally think of.
Everything taste better with bacon, eh?
Thanks for stopping by the Say G’day Party and sharing! Pinned all your submissions and look forward to seeing you next Saturday!!
My neighborhood has a bacond themed pot-luck every summer….I hope this shows up on the table! #TheHappyHomeLife
I never thought about bacon bread before. It looks so yummy. I may have to try this recipe.
I’m sure the serve Bacon Bread in heaven! I can’t wait to make a couple of loaves for my family (and earn great-mama points!)
I have never heard of Bacon Bread before, but now that I have seen your recipe, I will have to give it a try! I can see this bread going with many meals that my family loves. I also think it is great that is have few ingredients, is easy to make and it less expensive than store purchased bread.