Valentine Bark is a beautiful and festive treat for Valentine’s Day. This easy holiday dessert is perfect for class parties, gift bags or on a platter at a party.
WHY MAKE VALENTINE BARK
There are SO many fun desserts to make for Valentine’s Day. I guess a holiday about love has to have sweets, right? Sweets go hand in hand with Valentine’s Day.
Valentine Bark is a treat with a twist. It isn’t just a traditional sweet dessert. It is a crunchy snack mix that combines sweet and salty.
Sweet salty treats are my favorite kind of treat. I can get overwhelmed by too much sugar and the pretzels in this recipe help offset the sweet content.
VALENTINE BARK SNACK BAGS
Valentine Bark snack bags are such an easy way to share this delicious mix. I am always looking for easy ideas for my daughter’s class parties.
Schools today seem to prefer individually bagged snack items for holiday parties. This Valentine Bark is so easy to divide into cute Valentine bags.
I tie the bags with bright red, pink and white ribbons and it is ready to send to school.
These Valentine Bark snack bags are also perfect to take along to work and hand out to coworkers.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE VALENTINE BARK
Valentine Bark contains some basic ingredients you will find in a lot of sweet and salty snack mixes. A lot of these ingredients I already had in my cabinet.
- Chex cereal–your choice of corn, rice, wheat, etc.
- mini pretzels
- red candy melts
- pink candy melts
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- red and white M&M’s
- pink colored candies
- Valentine’s sprinkles
HOW TO MAKE VALENTINE BARK
This is such a simple recipe. There is no baking involved. If you have a microwave and can melt and stir then you can make this recipe in no time!
STEP ONE: PREPARE BAKING SHEET
STEP TWO: MELT CHOCOLATE
Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave on defrost for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate chips and continue to heat on defrost in 30 second increments until smooth and melted.
Drizzle the melted chocolate over the Chex cereal and pretzels using a fork.
STEP THREE: MELT THE RED CANDY MELTS
Now it is time to melt the red candy melts. Place the red candy melts into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the red candy melts on defrost for 1 minute and then stir. Continue cooking on defrost in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
Drizzle the red candy melts over the Chex cereal and pretzels.
STEP FOUR: SPRINKLE TIME
Sprinkle some Valentine’s themed sprinkles over the mixture.
Add some red and white M&M candies and the pink colored candies over the top of the Chex cereal and pretzel mixture. Try to do the sprinkling before the red candy melts have totally hardened.
STEP FIVE: MELT THE PINK CANDY MELTS
Repeat the same melting procedure with the pink candy melts. When the pink candy melts are smooth and melted go ahead and drizzle over the mixture on the baking sheet.
STEP SIX: LET IT HARDEN
The last (and hardest) step is to WAIT until the whole mixture is set up and the candy melts have hardened.
Once the mixture is hard it is time to gently break it up into pieces and store in an airtight container.
VALENTINE BARK RECIPE
You can download and print off the Valentine Bark recipe below. This is such a great recipe to make year after year.
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 4 cups Mini pretzels
- 1 cup Red candy melts
- Valentine’s sprinkles various kinds
- 1 cup Pink candy melts
- 1 cup Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Red and white M&M’s
- Pink colored candies
- Spread out the Chex cereal and mini pretzels on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips on the defrost setting on your microwave for 1 minute. Stir, and then heat at the same setting for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Use a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the combined Chex cereal and pretzels.
- Heat the red candy melts in the microwave on the defrost setting for 1 minute. Take them out and stir them, and then reheat at the same setting for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted red candy over the pretzels and cereal.
- Add some Valentine’s sprinkles to the surface of the bark mixture.
- Sprinkle some red and white M&M’s and pink colored candies over the surface of the bark.
- Melt the pink candy melts in the microwave using the instructions above.
- Once melted, drizzle the pink candy all over the top of the surface of the treat bark.
- 10. Allow the candy to harden, and then gently break it into pieces. Store in an airtight container or serve immediately.
If you need some more Valentine’s Day dessert recipe inspiration be sure to check these ideas out!
- Easy Cake Mix Valentine Cookies
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cookies
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for future use!