This month’s theme for the Fill the Cookie Jar group I’m in is Valentine’s Day. Although I have a heart-shaped cookie cutter, I decided to use the colors of Valentine’s Day for inspiration. I couldn’t decide on pink or red so I decided to do both! The benefit of choosing two different colors is that I also ended up with two very different flavors to satisfy the palates of all my cookie samplers.
The best part about this recipe for Cake Mix Valentine Cookies though, aside from the fact that I was able to create two cookies of different colors and tastes, is that it’s SO easy. Three ingredients. Three steps. This is truly a recipe for Wondermom Wannabes. Very little effort required to make a very good impression. These cookies were a hit with every single one of my samplers, none of whom guessed or could believe that they were made from cake mix.
Cake Mix Cookies
- Box of Cake Mix — You can use any flavor, but to get the Valentine colors I used strawberry and red velvet.
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 2 eggs
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes.
I liked the combination of colors, but you could also go with one or the other. Here’s the batch of strawberry cookies:
And here’s the plate full of red velvet cookies:
After I delivered a batch to my BFF, she recommended that as long as I wasn’t going for the healthiest cookie award, I might as well slather on a layer of frosting and stick a red and pink cookie together. I aim to please!
Check out the other Valentine’s Day themed cookies from the other ladies in the Fill the Cookie Jar group. They’re a talented bunch of bakers so you should find plenty of pin-worthy recipes.
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- Hot Cocoa Chocolate Dump Cake - February 19, 2019
- Instant Pot Chinese Beef and Broccoli - February 14, 2019
- How to Help Your Family Survive a Weekend Without You - February 13, 2019