If you’ve never tried it before, then let me tell you, playing Thanksgiving Would You Rather is definitely a game-changer when it comes to a fun Thanksgiving!
More than any other holiday, Thanksgiving is a much-anticipated time of the year when families come together to enjoy delicious food and even better company.
This is why injecting a bit of levity into your Thanksgiving celebration is great – and that’s where Would You Rather comes in. This family-bonding activity is a great game to play to learn more about your friends and family members likes and dislikes.
Plus, Thanksgiving Would You Rather icebreaker questions are a fantastic way to get your guests mixing and mingling before they sit down at the Thanksgiving table.
So, if that’s something that you think you’d like to try with your family and friends this year, then check out our list of questions you can use – all with a delicious Thanksgiving twist!
- Why Should You Ask Would You Rather Questions For Thanksgiving?
- Thanksgiving Would You Rather Questions for Kids and Adults
- How to Play Would You Rather – Thanksgiving Edition
- Free Printable Would You Rather Questions for Thanksgiving
- Start A New Family Tradition With Would You Rather -Thanksgiving Edition
Why Should You Ask Would You Rather Questions For Thanksgiving?
Here are some great reasons why playing this icebreaker is worth your while:
- It keeps the family interacting before, during or after Thanksgiving dinner. Do you wish everyone would actually enjoy the togetherness of this holiday rather than branching off to do their own thing? Then keep them engaged with a round or two of this Thanksgiving game:
- During the commercials of the NFL football game
- While everyone watches the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade
- In the kitchen as the feast is prepared
- As you pass the dishes around the table during the meal
- After the meal, during clean up or as an after-dinner activity
- It gives your kids something fun to do – all while they’re learning. Playing is one of the ways children learn. It is also an excellent way for them to create lasting bonds with family and friends.
Playing Would You Rather gives them the opportunity to practice critical thinking when choosing between options, build their vocabulary, and teaches them to articulate their thoughts into words better when you ask them to elaborate on their choice.
- It gives your family fun memories that can last. Did you know that experiencing happy and pleasant emotions can fade more slowly from our memories?
Research shows that our memories are more biased toward remembering times we experienced happiness. Celebrating joyful moments with your family is one way to be happy!
Thanksgiving Would You Rather Questions for Kids and Adults
Whether you’re looking for conversation starters before your Thanksgiving feast or a fun way to pass the time while you’re packing up Thanksgiving leftovers, these Thanksgiving would you rather questions are the perfect activity!
I’ve broken the questions down into different categories. You can stick to one category or mix and match. Even better, use these questions as a jumping off point to come up with your own!
Food & Drinks
- Would you rather eat only stuffing or only mashed potatoes?
- Would you rather eat pumpkin pie or apple pie?
- Would you rather have cranberry sauce or gravy?
- Would you rather have sweet potatoes with marshmallows or without?
- Would you rather have green bean casserole or cornbread?
- Would you rather eat turkey or ham?
- Would you rather have dinner rolls or croissants?
- Would you rather have a pecan pie or cherry pie?
- Would you rather drink apple cider or hot chocolate on Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather have a Thanksgiving pizza or Thanksgiving tacos?
- Would you rather eat cranberries raw or cooked?
- Would you rather have roasted or fried turkey?
- Would you rather eat a vegetarian Thanksgiving or a traditional one?
- Would you rather eat dark meat or white meat?
- Would you rather eat Thanksgiving food for a month or not at all?
- Would you rather have a traditional Thanksgiving or a themed one?
- Would you rather eat jelly beans that taste like Thanksgiving foods or real Thanksgiving food?
- Would you rather have whipped cream or ice cream with your pie?
- Would you rather try a Thanksgiving sushi roll or Thanksgiving spaghetti?
- Would you rather eat turkey-flavored ice cream or cranberry-flavored chips?
- Would you rather drink pumpkin spice latte or caramel apple tea?
- Would you rather have a fall salad or fall soup for starters?
- Would you rather have store-bought or homemade cranberry sauce?
- Would you rather start with dessert or end with appetizers?
- Would you rather eat a pumpkin or pecan cheesecake?
Activities & Traditions
- Would you rather watch a Thanksgiving parade live or on TV?
- Would you rather be in a Thanksgiving parade or watch it?
- Would you rather play football on Thanksgiving or watch it on TV?
- Would you rather go for a walk after Thanksgiving dinner or take a nap?
- Would you rather pick apples or pumpkins during Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather play charades or board games after dinner?
- Would you rather participate in a turkey trot or a pie eating contest?
- Would you rather go for a drive to see fall foliage or stay cozy indoors?
- Would you rather start a new Thanksgiving tradition or keep old ones?
- Would you rather go on a Thanksgiving treasure hunt or a scavenger hunt?
- Would you rather read a book about Thanksgiving or write one?
- Would you rather go to a Thanksgiving party or have a quiet dinner?
- Would you rather decorate with pumpkins or gourds?
- Would you rather take a photo with a real turkey or a cardboard cutout?
- Would you rather do a Thanksgiving craft or a puzzle?
- Would you rather bake cookies or muffins for Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather help set the table or clean up after the meal?
- Would you rather watch a new Thanksgiving movie or a classic one?
- Would you rather sing Thanksgiving songs or listen to them?
- Would you rather make Thanksgiving cards or receive them?
- Would you rather visit a farm or a bakery on Thanksgiving morning?
- Would you rather have a Thanksgiving bonfire or a movie night?
- Would you rather do a leaf art project or a pinecone craft?
- Would you rather watch the sun rise or set on Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather attend a Thanksgiving play or a musical?
- Would you rather have a pet turkey or a pet pilgrim?
- Would you rather wear a turkey costume or a pilgrim costume?
- Would you rather be able to gobble like a turkey or dance like one?
- Would you rather make a hand turkey drawing or a cornucopia craft?
- Would you rather wear pilgrim shoes or turkey slippers?
- Would you rather wear a big pilgrim hat or big turkey feathers?
- Would you rather make a turkey sound every time you laugh or dance like a turkey when you’re happy?
- Would you rather have turkey feathers for hair or cranberries for eyes?
- Would you rather be chased by a giant mashed potato or a giant gravy boat?
- Would you rather sneeze confetti or burp glitter on Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather ride a flying turkey or a magic cornucopia?
- Would you rather talk in rhyme all day or sing everything on Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather have a nose like a pumpkin or ears like sweet potatoes?
- Would you rather play hide and seek with turkeys or tag with pilgrims?
- Would you rather have to eat with giant forks or drink from a huge gravy boat?
- Would you rather be the size of a pumpkin or a cranberry for a day?
- Would you rather wear a necklace made of Brussels sprouts or a hat made of pie?
- Would you rather only be able to move if you hop like a turkey or waddle like a duck?
- Would you rather have your clothes be made of turkey feathers or pilgrim hats?
- Would you rather have candy corn for teeth or marshmallows for toes?
- Would you rather be able to shoot mashed potatoes from your fingers or gravy from your nose?
- Would you rather have every meal served in a pumpkin or on a giant leaf?
- Would you rather dance the turkey trot or the pumpkin wiggle?
- Would you rather have pies for wheels or a turkey for a vehicle?
- Would you rather have to juggle cranberries all day or balance a pumpkin on your head?
- Would you rather spend Thanksgiving in a snowy place or on a beach?
- Would you rather travel on the Mayflower or a modern ship?
- Would you rather celebrate Thanksgiving with family or with friends?
- Would you rather go Black Friday shopping the next day or stay home and relax?
- Would you rather spend Thanksgiving in the city or the countryside?
- Would you rather have Thanksgiving in October or November?
- Would you rather go to the White House for Thanksgiving dinner or have the President come to your house?
- Would you rather give someone a Thanksgiving gift or receive one?
- Would you rather have a Thanksgiving on a boat or in a cabin in the woods?
- Would you rather have a rainy or sunny Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather always eat Thanksgiving food or never eat it again?
- Would you rather eat Thanksgiving leftovers for a week or never have leftovers?
- Would you rather have Thanksgiving without dessert or without appetizers?
- Would you rather go back in time to the first Thanksgiving or bring the pilgrims to the present day?
- Would you rather have a giant turkey leg or a small piece of every dish?
- Would you rather have Thanksgiving every month or only once a year?
- Would you rather have to eat turkey for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a week after Thanksgiving or have to wear a turkey costume to school for a week after Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather have a modern Thanksgiving or one without any technology?
- Would you rather visit another country’s harvest festival or bring them to your Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather dress up fancy for Thanksgiving or wear pajamas?
- Would you rather invite a celebrity to your Thanksgiving dinner or a historical figure?
- Would you rather eat Thanksgiving food from other countries or stick to traditional dishes?
- Would you rather celebrate two Thanksgivings a year or one big one?
- Would you rather write a gratitude list or read one out loud to your family?
- Be able to run a Turkey Trot without feeling tired or be able to cook perfectly without using a recipe?
How to Play Would You Rather – Thanksgiving Edition
Since you already have your questions at hand, you can actually play different versions of the game! It may depend on how many players you have, or which option your family feels like trying out for maximum fun times.
Ask each person one question at a time. Once they’ve given their answer, ask them to elaborate on why, and then move on to the next person. This is the more traditional way of playing this game.
Ask one question, and then all the participants should give their answers. Give them the opportunity to “grill” anyone who provides a response different from theirs!
You can pair people up, ask your question, and then have each guess what the other’s answer to the question would be. They can either say the answer out loud or write it down on paper. Pairs who get two correct answers will get a point. After ten questions, the pair with the most points wins!
Have some participants answer questions in advance, and then have the rest figure out who gave which answers. The person who gets the most correct guesses wins.
Divide the group into pairs and give each pair one question. Each pair will then participate in a short and lively impromptu debate (one member of the pair arguing for one answer with the other member of the pair arguing the alternate). Everyone else votes on which person presented the most persuasive argument.
It depends on how you want to play the game! If you want people to give their answers out loud, then you only need to print out these free printable questions. Then, cut them out and put them in a bowl, basket, or paper bag so you can randomly draw them.
If you want participants to write their answers down, then you’ll need to provide them with pens and paper as well.
You can play other Thanksgiving games such as Thanksgiving Mad Libs, Thanksgiving Bingo, and even Thanksgiving Charades to name a few.
Thanksgiving Minute to Win It Games are great if you’re up for a little activity. Likewise, a Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt is fun for all ages.
Free Printable Would You Rather Questions for Thanksgiving
To get your free printable Thanksgiving Never Have I Ever cards, simply fill out the form below. You’ll get instant access to the PDF. You can unsubscribe at ANY time.
Start A New Family Tradition With Would You Rather -Thanksgiving Edition
Would You Rather is definitely an easy-to-do, very versatile game that you can tailor fit to suit any occasion – even during Thanksgiving dinner with your loved ones!
So next time you need to liven up this meaningful family gathering, make sure to include a round of Thanksgiving Would You Rather. You and your loved ones will have a livelier get-together because of it!
If you want another fun game, try the Thanksgiving gratitude game, too!