This Keto Bang Bang Shrimp recipe is a delicious, low-carb version of the popular restaurant dish. It’s easy to make and can be served as an appetizer or main course.
If you love low-carb appetizer or snack recipes then this is the recipe for you. Not only is it flavorful and satisfying, but it’s also super easy to make.
- Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- Serving Suggestions
- More Keto Recipes
- Keto Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe
- Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
I love serving shrimp for dinner because shrimp is full of protein and low in calories. This Keto Bang Bang Shrimp recipe is a great way to enjoy shrimp without all the carbs.
Why I Love This Recipe
Keto Bang bang Shrimp is an amazing low-carb dish that you can make in just minutes. It’s easy, delicious, and only requires a few minutes of prep time.
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you love keto shrimp recipes, next time give this Keto Shrimp Foil Packets recipe a try.
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this delicious keto bang bang shrimp recipe.
- Large shrimp peeled and deveined with the tails on
- Sour cream
- Chili garlic sauce
- Sugar-free honey
- Dijon mustard
Shrimp: Instead of large shrimp, you can use extra large or medium if you prefer.
Mustard: I like to use dijon mustard, but you can use spicy or regular mustard instead.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to help you make this tasty shrimp recipe.
How to Make Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
This keto bang bang shrimp recipe comes together in just five simple steps. Follow the instructions below and you will have a tasty shrimp meal or snack in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
Step 2: Place the shrimp on wooden skewers
Slide 4 shrimp onto each of the small wooden skewers.
Step 3: Mix together the sauce ingredients
In a bowl, mix together the mayo, sour cream, chili garlic sauce, sugar-free honey and dijon mustard. Stir to combine well.
Step 4: Divide the sauce in half
Separate the sauce in half.
Step 5: Brush sauce on the shrimp
Brush ½ of the sauce onto both sides of the shrimp.
Step 6: Air fry the shrimp
Place the shrimp into the air fryer, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
Step 7: Serve with extra sauce
Serve with the extra keto bang bang sauce on the side for dipping if desired.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
There are a few different ways that you can change up this recipe to make it your own.
Add some heat: If you like things spicy, add a little bit of cayenne pepper or sriracha to the sauce.
Make it creamy: If you want a creamier sauce, you can add in some diced avocado or guacamole.
Make it vegetarian: If you want to make this recipe vegetarian, you can use tofu instead of shrimp.
This keto bang bang shrimp recipe makes a great appetizer or main dish. Serve it with a side of steamed broccoli, cauliflower rice, or roasted cauliflower for a complete meal. You could also serve it over a bed of mixed greens as a salad.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the best keto bang bang shrimp recipe possible.
- For extra flavor, you can marinate the shrimp in the sauce for 30 minutes before cooking.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also cook the shrimp in a pan on the stove.
- If you want a crunchier shrimp, you can coat it in some keto-friendly breadcrumbs before cooking.
- You can season the shrimp with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper for extra flavor if you prefer.
- Spray your air fryer basket with avocado oil or olive oil for easy clean up.
- Be sure to place your skewers in a single layer so that they cook evenly.
- Garnish with green onions, parmesan cheese, or with lemon slices,or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on the top.
- If you don’t eat dairy, you can use your favorite dairy-free sour cream instead of regular.
- Don’t have keto honey on hand? You can use swerve brown sugar replacement, and water with honey extract to make your own.
Do you have questions about this Keto Bang Bang Shrimp recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can reheat shrimp in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 3-4 minutes, or in the oven at 425 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just be sure to thaw the shrimp completely before cooking.
More Keto Recipes
If you like keto recipes, give these recipes a try:
Keto Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
- Air Fryer
- wooden skewers
- Measuring spoon
- medium bowl
- silicone brush
- 1 pound Large shrimp peeled and deveined with the tails on
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar free honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Slide 4 shrimp onto each of the small wooden skewers.
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chili garlic sauce, sugar free honey and dijon mustard. Stir to combine well.
- Separate the sauce in half.
- Brush ½ of the sauce onto both sides of the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp into the air fryer, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with the extra sauce on the side for dipping if desired.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!