Summer is almost here and it is time to make some easy homemade peanut butter banana ice cream. Sweetened condensed milk ice cream recipes are so easy to make and this one will become a family favorite.
WHY MAKE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM?
I have been to the grocery store. Yes, there is a huge aisle that is full of ice cream that I can just grab and eat.
Nevertheless, I am telling you there is something special about making homemade ice cream. It is a FUN process to make real ice cream and know exactly what you are putting in it.
It is easy to customize homemade ice cream for picky eaters.
Did I mention that you don’t need an ice cream maker to make this delicious easy homemade peanut butter banana ice cream? NOPE! So simple to make!
Making ice cream at home is a great way to get kids into the kitchen too!
INGREDIENTS FOR PEANUT BUTTER BANANA ICE CREAM
I love recipes that have 5 or fewer ingredients and this easy homemade peanut butter banana ice cream only has 5 ingredients!
HOW TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA ICE CREAM
Once you make your first batch of ice cream at home you will be hooked on this easy process. It is fun to get creative with flavors and soon you will be creating all sorts of amazing varieties.
I have been known to throw extra chocolate chips into this recipe if I have some on hand!
STEP ONE: MIX INGREDIENTS
Start off by beating the heavy cream until it is thick. I like to use my stand mixer for this process.
When the heavy cream is nice and thick pour in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and fold in until it is smooth.
STEP TWO: ADD BANANA AND PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS
If you haven’t sliced up the banana go ahead and do that now.
Add the banana and the peanut butter chips into the ice cream mixture and stir.
Another option is to add the banana and peanut butter chips when you put the ice cream into the container.
STEP THREE: ADD TO CONTAINER
Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container.
If you are adding the banana and peanut butter chips now you can do it in layers or to the top. Be creative!
STEP FOUR: FREEZE
Now place the container of ice cream into the freezer and freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
When you are ready to eat, just remove from the freezer and let sit out for 5-10 minutes to soften before serving.
Keep any extras in the freezer!
EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE
I know you are excited to make this smooth and creamy ice cream! The ripe banana brings out the banana flavor so well in this recipe!
You can download the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to taste
- 1 banana sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and fold in until smooth.
- Add in bananas and Reese’s chips and stir. Alternatively, you can add these in when you pour the ice cream into a container.
- Next, pour ice cream into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers covered in the freezer.
If you loved this frozen treat recipe then you definitely need to check these other recipes out:
- Homemade No-Churn Berry Ice Cream
- Simple Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- Homemade Bubble Gum Ice Cream
- Easy Homemade Almond Joy Ice Cream
Don’t forget to PIN this easy homemade peanut butter banana ice cream recipe so you can come back and make it again and again!