Last Updated on September 10, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
These Banana Pudding Popsicles are my new favorite summer dessert! They are so easy to make, and they taste just like banana pudding. I used Nilla Wafers crumbs in the popsicles, but you could use any type of cookie that you like.
If you love creamy banana recipes that are perfect for summer then this is the recipe for you. The best part is that these sweet treats are perfect for kids.
- Banana Pudding Popsicles
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Banana Pudding Popsicles
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- More Banana Recipes
- Banana Pudding Popsicles Recipe
- Banana Pudding Popsicles
Banana Pudding Popsicles
One of my favorite ways to use bananas is in these Banana Pudding Popsicles. This kid-friendly dessert is perfect for parties, and backyard barbecues, so gather your family and friends and get ready to enjoy these cool treats.
Why I Love This Recipe
You won’t be able to resist these Banana Pudding Pops! They’re super easy and quick-they only require three ingredients. And the taste? It’s like a creamy, rich flavor of your favorite childhood treat.
- Easy to make
- Fun to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love homemade popsicles you may also enjoy this Dragon Fruit Popsicles recipe.
You only need a handful of simple ingredients to help you make this tasty recipe. After one quick trip to your local grocery store, you will be ready to make this creamy dessert on a stick.
- banana pudding
- frozen sliced banana
- vanilla wafer crumbles
Cookies: If you don’t have vanilla wafers, you can use graham crackers or any type of cookie that you like. Just make sure to crush them into small pieces so they will fit into the popsicle
Fruit: I like to use banana slices in this recipe, but you can use any type of fruit that you like.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this easy recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy these sweet treats in no time at all.
How to Make Banana Pudding Popsicles
Making these Banana Pudding Popsicles is simple. Just follow the instructions below and you will be enjoying these refreshing popsicles in no time at all.
Step 1: Add the banana slices to the popsicle mold
Place 1-2 banana slices in each popsicle mold.
Step 2: Fill the molds with banana pudding
Fill molds halfway with pudding. Use a spoon to push pudding down around banana slices.
Step 3: Add more bananas
Place 1-2 more banana slices in each mold.
Step 4: Add another layer of pudding
Pour more pudding into the molds. Top the molds with cookie crumbles.
Step 5: Place the lid on the mold
Place mold lid on, and insert popsicle sticks.
Step 6: Add the popsicles to the freezer
Place in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
If you want to change up this recipe, here are a few ideas:
Chocolate: Add chocolate chips: Fold in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips into the pudding mixture before adding it to the molds. Or sprinkle a small number of chocolate chips into the top and bottom of the molds.
Add Nutella: Stir in 1/4 cup of Nutella into the pudding mixture before adding it to the molds.
Marshmallows: Stir in 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows into the pudding mixture before adding it to the molds.
Want to make sure that your popsicles turn out well? Here are my best tips for these homemade popsicles.
- When adding the pudding to the popsicle molds, make sure to use a spoon to push the pudding down around the banana slices. This will help ensure that your popsicles have an even layer of banana and pudding.
- If you want to make sure that your popsicles are extra creamy, add an additional 1/2 cup of milk to the pudding mixture.
- If you want to make sure that your popsicles are extra banana-y, add an additional 1/2 cup of mashed bananas to the pudding mixture.
- For an adult version of this recipe, add 1/4 cup of rum to the pudding mixture before adding it to the molds.
- Make your own wafer crumbs by crushing them up in a food processor.
- I used a homemade classic banana pudding but you can use also use your favorite instant pudding mix.
- For a lighter banana pudding mix, you can fold in some whipped cream or greek yogurt.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this recipe.
These popsicles should be stored in the freezer. They will last for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Yes! If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use plastic cups or small paper cups. Just place the cup in the freezer for a few minutes to get it started, then add the pudding and banana slices. Once it’s frozen, you can peel the cup away.
You can use homemade or store-bought banana pudding, whichever is easier for you.
More Banana Recipes
If you like bananas, give these recipes a try:
Banana Pudding Popsicles Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Banana Pudding Popsicles
- knife and cutting board
- freezer-pop molds
- 2 1/2 cups banana pudding
- 1 cup frozen sliced banana
- 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbles
- Place 1-2 bananas slices in each popsicle mold.
- Fill molds halfway with pudding. Use a spoon to push pudding down around banana slices.
- Place 1-2 more banana slices in each mold.
- Pour more pudding in the molds. Top the molds with cookie crumbles.
- Place mold lid on, and insert popsicle sticks.
- Place in freezer for 6-8 hours.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!