The great thing about microwave mug recipes is that they’re a fast and convenient way to enjoy a hot meal for one. I’ve gathered up over a dozen great microwave recipes in a mug to give you options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
Unless you really love cooking, when you’re cooking for one it can be hard to motivate yourself to whip up a meal from scratch. But you don’t want to rely on convenience meals all the time either.
Microwave mug recipes are the perfect solution since you use fresh ingredients to make a hot meal, but spend little time and effort on it. These are perfect when you’re in a hurry, when everyone in the family has a different schedule, for college kids, or just a fun alternative to traditional meals.
Microwave Recipes in a Mug for Breakfast
Tired of cereal for breakfast? No time in the morning to make bacon and eggs? Try one of these microwave breakfast mug recipes!
- Cinnamon Flax Seed Low Carb Muffin in a Mug
- Banana Bread in a Mug
- Mini Microwave French Toast
- Mug Monkey Bread
- Coffee Cup Quiche
- One Minute Egg Casserole
Microwave Recipes in a Mug for Lunch or Dinner
When my teens get home from school they are STARVING. Since we don’t eat dinner until four hours after they get home, they usually eat a “second lunch.” These microwave lunch mug recipes are great ones for that!
- Microwave Loaded Potato Soup in a Mug
- Chicken Pot Pie in a Mug
- Chile Relleno Casserole in a Mug
- Microwave Macaroni and Cheese
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole for One
Microwave Recipes in a Mug for Dessert
Okay, this is my absolute favorite category. When I make a full-sized dessert, I end up eating way too much of it so it “doesn’t go to waste” – or at least, that’s my excuse. These microwave mug desserts are generous single serve portions or perfect to enjoy with someone else.
- Chocolate Cake for Two
- Molten Lava Cake
- Double Chocolate Almond Low-Carb Mug Cake
- Nutella Microwave Cake in a Mug
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake
- Pumpkin Cornbread Mug Cake
- All Natural Funfetti Mug Cake
- Vanilla Cinnamon Mug Cake
- Lemon Mug Cake
- Raspberry Sour Cream Mug Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Mug Cake
- Peanut Butter Brownie in a Mug
- Apple Crisp Cake in a Mug
- Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Mug
- Easy Cracker Toffee in a Mug
- Microwave Rice Krispie Treat for One
I hope you’ve found at least a few microwave mug recipes above that you can enjoy! Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments.