Bacon and Egg Cups are so easy to make and it is a breakfast recipe the whole family will love. This is also a great dish to serve for brunch or when you are having breakfast for dinner!
EASY WAYS TO CUSTOMIZE BREAKFAST CUPS
These breakfast cups are absolutely delicious. I know that a lot of families have picky eaters.
It is always helpful when a recipe is easy to customize for food allergies or picky eaters.
These bacon and egg cups are very easy to customize and make into something your family will love.
Here are some easy ideas for ingredients swaps so you can please all your family members!
- Change out the cheddar cheese for pepper jack if you want the cups to be a little spicier.
- If you don’t like bacon you could add some diced ham instead.
- Families who don’t care for meat can leave the bacon off completely.
- It is perfectly fine to add some veggies into these cups if you desire. Be sure not to add any liquid though…diced veggies are fine, but keep them diced very small.
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper to bring the heat level up another notch.
- If you are watching your salt intake use Mrs. Dash instead of salt.
INGREDIENTS FOR BACON AND EGG CUPS
I don’t have to worry about my children not liking these bacon and egg cups. The ingredients are very kid-friendly.
- Frozen Hash Browns
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Hot Sauce
HOW TO MAKE BACON AND EGG CUPS
I love that this easy breakfast recipe makes individual cups instead of a casserole. These reheat very well and are good for busy mornings!
STEP ONE: PREPARE PAN
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
Take a 12 cup muffin tin and grease it using non-stick cooking spray or butter.
STEP TWO: MAKE HASH BROWN MIXTURE
Take a large bowl and add the hash browns, one cup of cheese and the salt and pepper.
Stir these ingredients to combine them.
STEP THREE: ADD HASH BROWNS TO PAN
Now spoon the hash brown mixture into each muffin cup evenly.
STEP FOUR: MAKE EGG MIXTURE
You can either rinse out the large bowl you used for the hash brown mixture or get a small bowl out.
Add the eggs, milk and hot sauce to the bowl. Whisk these together to they are well combined.
Pour the egg mixture evenly over the hash brown mixture in each muffin cup.
STEP FIVE: ADD TOPPINGS
Now take the remaining cheese and the cooked and chopped bacon pieces and sprinkle some of each on top of each muffin cup.
STEP SIX: BAKE
Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Make sure the egg mixture is set up in the center and they are starting to brown on top.
Remove the pan from the oven and let them cool a little bit before serving.
BACON AND EGG CUPS RECIPE
This is an egg muffin recipe you want in your binder for sure! I make this on a regular basis. It is so easy to make a double or triple batch of these up on Sunday and we are ready for the week with a hearty breakfast.
You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Bacon and Egg Cups
- 1 package frozen hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- dash hot sauce
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, add hash browns, one cup of cheese, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Scoop the hash brown mixture evenly into each muffin cup.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and hot sauce. Pour egg mixture over hash brow mixture.
- Top each cup with remaining cheese and chopped bacon pieces.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
If you loved this breakfast recipe be sure to check these other great ideas out:
- Apple Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Polar Bear Donuts
- Overnight Pumpkin French Toast
- Instant Pot Omelette Casserole
- Easy Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese
- Muffin Tin Western Omelets
Be sure to PIN these bacon and egg cups so you can come back and make them again and again!