The holidays can be very romantic and these Christmas date ideas will help you find fun ways to spend time with the one you love. Don’t let the busyness of the season keep you from putting time and attention to your relationship.
How Can I Fit Date Night in During the Holidays?
The holiday season is one of the busiest times of the year. We have family activities, concerts, shopping, gift wrapping, and the list goes on and on.
It can also be a very stressful season for couples due to added expenses and constant activities. This added stress is one very good reason to MAKE time for your relationship.
Finding time to date each other is one of the 10 habits of a healthy marriage. I firmly believe that couples must find time to be together alone without the children.
It is possible to find time for a date night during the rushed Christmas season if you make it a priority. Get some times on the calendar NOW before the dates get filled in with other stuff.
Remember that we all make time for what is important to us and our marriage and relationships should be very high on that list.
Christmas Date Night Ideas
There are unlimited ideas for things to do together as a couple. The fun thing about Christmas time is that there are special events going on everywhere and all the twinkling lights don’t hurt either!
Here are some romantic Christmas date ideas:
- Drink hot cocoa
- Listen to Christmas carols
- Watch a holiday movie or attend a Nutcracker performance
- Snuggle by the fireplace
- Play a board game
- Go ice skating at an indoor or outdoor rink
- Kiss under the mistletoe
- Go Christmas shopping together
- Wear matching PJs to bed
- Bake Christmas cookies or other holiday treats
- Decorate the Christmas tree
- Make popcorn garland
- Drive around and look at holiday lights
- Dance to Christmas songs
- Make a gingerbread house
- Go ugly sweater shopping together
- Drink eggnog or another Christmas cocktail
- Read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Cut down your own tree at a Christmas tree farm
- Shop for and donate a Toy to Toys for Tots or a local shelter
- Hang a wreath on the door and/or put up other Christmas decorations
- Go to a local Christmas parade or Christmas concert
- Make your own ornament
- Have a picnic inside on a blanket in front of the fireplace
- Build a snowman together
- Go for a sleigh ride
- Make advent calendars for one another
- Stroll through a Christmas market together
- Do Elf on the Shelf for one another throughout the month
- Make up a Christmas scavenger hunt and go looking for Santa, reindeer, elves, etc.
I love that many of these date night ideas are simple and very low-cost. Christmas is an expensive time of year for families and you don’t want to add to that expense with costly dates.
It is so easy to have a GREAT time with your spouse or significant other without spending a fortune.
How to Use the Holiday Date Night Printable
This free printable has several cute Christmas couple activities so you can make it a December to remember.
You can use it like a bucket list and try to complete all the fun dates. Or, use it to play date night bingo during the holiday season.
Have each person pick a few things off the printable date ideas card. Some of these ideas can be clustered together and done during one evening or time frame. It would be very easy to complete every item on this list in 2-3 dates total!
Here is an example: My husband and I are going to take a Sunday afternoon and go ice skating and then Christmas shopping. While we are shopping we will pick up a toy and donate it to Toys for Tots. We will buy a gingerbread house kit and when we get home we will make a gingerbread house together while drinking eggnog and listening to Christmas music!
Later in the month, we will have an evening date night while the kids are gone for the night. We will wear ugly Christmas sweaters while we drive around and look at Christmas lights in our area.
When we get home we will change into our Christmas PJ’s and play a board game. Then I will put on one of my favorite Christmas movies and we will light a fire in the fireplace. I definitely see us drinking some hot chocolate during the movie!
I think you can see how easy it is to fit in lots of Christmas date ideas during a few December date nights!
And remember, you don’t have to stick strictly to the ideas on the list. For example, if hot cocoa isn’t your thing, share a mistletoe margarita instead.
Get the free printable Christmas Date Ideas card
You can download and print off this printable and mark each activity off as you do it!
Fill in the form below to download and print the Christmas Date Ideas.
If you loved this fun printable be sure to check these other ideas out:
- A Month of Acts of Kindness for a Stronger Marriage
- Mistletoe Kisses Treat Bags
- Random Acts of Kindness for Your Husband
- Gingerbread Babies Treat Bags
Leave me a COMMENT and share your favorite holiday date ideas.