A beach packing list is essential for travel to a tropical destination. There are just extra things you need to take when traveling to a beach destination!
WHY DO I NEED A BEACH PACKING LIST?
You probably have some great vacation packing list and are wondering why you need another packing list just for the beach.
The beach is different from other inland vacation destinations. There are lots of different activities happening on a beach vacation and if you don’t pack correctly you will end up spending a lot of unnecessary money.
You wouldn’t take a France travel guide on a trip to Australia and you wouldn’t want to use a generic vacation packing list for a beach vacation!
If you don’t have what you need at the beach the prices of ordinary items will shock you! Beach destinations are really popular and they hike up the prices because of the large number of tourists.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PACK FOR THE BEACH?
There are certain things you will need to bring to the beach that you would not need on an inland trip. Whether you are going on a week-long trip or a day trip to the beach, many of these items will come in handy.
Here are some items we always take when we are road tripping to the beach:
- Flip Flops and/or Water Shoes
- Beach Towels
- Beach Chairs—these are great if you don’t want to lay down all the time
- Goggles–keep that salt water out of your eyes
- Lip Balm with SPF–don’t forget–lips can burn too!
- Snacks and Water Bottles
- Waterproof Dry Bags for our Phones
- Beach Toys
- Wet Bag–we change out of our swimwear before heading home
- Hats–helps protect our heads from the hot sun
- Extra Plastic Bags–great for putting our trash in
- Huge Beach Bag–it can never be too big, LOL–get a sand free bag for the best experience
- Wet Wipes and Tissues
- Floatation Devices/Kickboards/Kneeboards
- Insect Repellent—yes there can be bugs at the beach
MY BEST BEACH TIPS
Most people love the beach, but everyone agrees that there are certain things that make a day at the beach more enjoyable.
I have gone to the beach enough times to have some seriously good tips to make your trip better!
Here are some of my favorite beach tips:
- Reapply sunscreen a LOT–you can’t overdo sunscreen at the beach and a burn will ruin your trip and is bad for your skin’s health
- Stay hydrated! You need to drink a lot of good quality liquids while you are at the beach.
- Learn about rip currents and teach your kids!! This could save a life.
- Don’t walk around barefoot. You should always wear flip flops or water shoes on the beach AND in the water to protect your feet. There is no way to see what is under the sand and getting cut or stung makes for a bad day at the beach.
- Scout out the area and know where bathrooms are located and where the nearest lifeguard tower is located. We like to sit within easy reach of a lifeguard especially if the kids are with us.
- Have a family safety plan already set up and make sure everyone understands the rules for the day. One rule we always follow is that no one goes into the ocean alone.
- Put leave-in conditioner in your hair before you go to the beach. Salt water and sun are really damaging to hair and the conditioner helps to protect it so you don’t look fried the next day.
- An umbrella or pop up tent are really nice especially for younger kids. The sun is HOT and having some shade can make a long day much better.
PRINTABLE BEACH PACKING LIST
I am excited you are going on a beach vacation! My family has some wonderful memories of our trips to the beach.
I have a printable beach vacation packing list you can download and print off for your own personal use.
Just fill in the form below to get the Beach Packing List. You’ll also get access to my entire library of free printables.
Fill in the form above. After you submit the form, you’ll receive an email from “Wondermom Wannabe” with a direct link to the printable library where you’ll find the link to the printable above as well as all of my other free printables. If you do not see the email in your inbox within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
The most likely place will be in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then simply select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is stored on your computer.
You’ll need a program that supports PDFS, like Adobe Acrobat (which is free). Open the program, click File > Print. Select your printer and set the number of copies you want to print. Double check your print preview, then click print.
Before you leave for vacation be sure to check out these other travel posts:
- Family Travel Tips Every Family Needs
- How to Enjoy a Road Trip on a Budget
- Free Printable Car Maintenance Checklist
- Family Outing Ideas for Summer
Don’t forget to PIN this post so you can come back and print this off again!