Drinking a cranberry apple smoothie is the perfect way to start your day. This beverage is easy to make with frozen cranberries and is delicious too!
CRANBERRIES PACK A NUTRITIONAL PUNCH
Cranberries are known for being a good source of some vitamins and antioxidants. Many people eat fresh cranberries to help boost their immune systems.
There are actually lots of positive benefits to eating cranberries!
Here are some of the health benefits from cranberries:
- Cranberries have a high level of antioxidant proanthocyanidins which helps to stop certain bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract walls.
- The proanthocyanidins in cranberries has also been shown to help in dental health and can help prevent gum disease.
- A half cup of cranberries is only 25 calories.
- Cranberries contain calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin B and fiber!
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT CRANBERRIES
Cranberries are an interesting fruit. If you have never been to a cranberry farm it is worth a visit!
Here are some interesting facts about cranberries:
- Cranberries grow on low creeping shrubs or vines.
- They are pollinated by bees.
- The berry turns red when it is ripe.
- Around 98% of the worlds production of cranberries takes place in America, Canada and Chile.
- Most cranberries are processed into juice, jam, sauce or are dried.
- Cranberries are related to blueberries, huckleberries and bilberries.
- Fresh cranberries tend to be hard, bitter and very sour.
- Cranberries are sold in large quantities around Thanksgiving and Christmas.
INGREDIENTS FOR CRANBERRY APPLE SMOOTHIE
This easy smoothie recipe is packed with healthy ingredients to start your day off right.
HOW TO MAKE A CRANBERRY APPLE SMOOTHIE
One reason I love smoothies is that they are quick to make. My magic bullet mixer makes the job so simple. I love that this smoothie recipe has no added sugars!
STEP ONE: CHOP APPLE
The first step is to chop up 1/2 of an apple. I like to leave the peel on the apple because of the nutrition that is found in the peel.
Add the chopped apple to the blender.
STEP TWO: ADD INGREDIENTS
Now it is time to add the frozen cranberries, date, almond butter, flax meal, hemp hearts and ice cubes to the blender.
Pour the coconut and almond milk over the top of the ingredients.
STEP THREE: BLEND
Now blend the smoothie ingredients on high until smooth. It really does help to have a powerful mixer in order to get the best and smoothest results.
This cranberry apple smoothie recipe makes 2 small smoothies or one large smoothie!
I know you are anxious to try this healthy smoothie recipe out for yourself! This does make a great afternoon snack! You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the Cranberry Apple Smoothie recipe card below.
Cranberry Apple Smoothie
- 1/2 apple chopped, peel left on
- 1/2-2/3 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 date
- 1/8 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 3 ice cubes
- Chop the apple and place it into a powerful blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients except milk.
- Pour the milk overtop of the ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Makes one large or two small
If you loved this smoothie recipe be sure to check these other great recipes out:
Be sure to PIN this cranberry apple smoothie recipe so you can come back and make it again!