Instant Pot Potstickers are delicious and homemade Chinese potstickers that cook quickly in your pressure cooker. If you are looking for an easy dinner idea, these potstickers are perfect!
If you enjoy homemade Chinese recipes in your Instant Pot then this is the recipe for you. You can have a delicious and authentic Chinese meal on the table in no time!
Instant Pot Dumplings
Instant Pot cooking is a quick way to cook, by using pressure to seal the moisture in your food and get dinner on the table in no time. Not only do pressure cookers cook quickly, but you also only need to clean up one pot when you are done!
Why I Love This Recipe
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, look no further than Instant Pot Potstickers! These delicious and homemade Chinese potstickers cook quickly in your pressure cooker, so you can have a delicious meal on the table in no time.
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love homemade Chinese food recipes, you may also enjoy this Instant Pot Orange Chicken recipe.
These homemade potstickers do require a few ingredients but you should have most of these ingredients on hand already. After one quick trip to the grocery store, you should be ready to make these savory dumplings.
- ground turkey
- vegetable oil, divided
- ginger paste
- minced garlic
- onion, diced
- carrots, shredded
- Chinese 5 Spice
- red pepper flakes
- soy sauce
- dumpling wrappers
- Teriyaki Sauce
Pork: Ground Pork can be used in place of the ground turkey for pork potstickers.
Ginger: Minced ginger can be used in place of ginger paste in a pinch.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need three kitchen tools to help you make this tasty dish.
How to Make Instant Pot Potstickers
It may seem like there are a lot of steps to make these homemade potstickers but I promise you will be so glad that you did.
Step 1: Prep the Instant Pot
Turn your Instant pot to saute.
Step 2: Saute the ginger and garlic
Add your oil to the Instant Pot. Add ginger and garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds. Stir often.
Step 3: Cook the meat and vegetables
Add onion and carrots, ground turkey, roasted red peppers, soy sauce, and spices. Stir constantly until the turkey is cooked. Remove the mixture from the Instant Pot.
Step 4: Blend the potsticker mix
Place the mixture in a large blender. Pulse several times, until ingredients are well mixed and slightly clumpy.
Step 5: Prep the dumpling wrappers
Place 5-6 dumpling wrappers on a tray.
Step 6: Fill the dumplings
Place about 1 tablespoon of turkey mixture into the center of each wrapper.
Step 7: Seal the wrappers
Use water to wet the outside edges of the wrapper. Use your fingers to fold the wrapper into a taco shape, then bunch edges together from the outside in. Place each potsticker back on the baking sheet.
Step 8: Prep the pressure cooker again
Wipe clean the Instant Pot. Add oil to the Instant Pot and turn to saute.
Step 9: Saute the potstickers
Once hot place potstickers flat side down and cook for about 1 minute, or until lightly browned. Flip each potsticker for even cooking. Remove and set aside.
Step 10: Finish browning the dumplings
Add more potstickers, and oil as needed, until all are cooked.
Step 11: Add water to the pressure cooker
Add 1/3 cup water to the Instant Pot and the trivet. Place a steam basket on top of the trivet and add the potstickers in a single layer.
Step 12: Steam the dumplings
Place lid on the Instant Pot, seal vent and set to manual. Set timer for 2 minutes.
Step 13: Release the steam
Release steam immediately. Remove potstickers from the Instant Pot. Serve with soy sauce.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Chicken: For chicken potstickers replace the turkey with ground chicken.
Cilantro: Adding in fresh cilantro can bring a delicious flavor to these homemade dumplings.
Spicy: Adding sriracha or red pepper flakes brings a delicious spicy flavor to these potstickers. If you would like something spicier, adding 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne powder brings a bit more heat and sharpness to the dish.
Are you wondering what to serve with your potstickers? Here are a few of my favorite suggestions.
- Fried Rice
- Wonton Soup
- Eggdrop Soup
- Your favorite Chinese dish
- If your potstickers won’t seal use a fork to press the wrappers together.
- Dumplings can be cooked in a regular pot. They will cook faster and may fall apart more easily though. Adjust cooking time as needed.
- Dumplings can be browned on all sides for a more crispy texture.
Do you have questions about Instant Pot Potstickers? Find the answers to the most commonly asked questions here.
Potstickers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Reheat potstickers in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Or, heat in a skillet over medium heat until warm.
Yes, they can be frozen for up to two months.
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you like Instant Pot recipes, give these recipes a try:
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot White Rice
- Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken
Instant Pot Potstickers Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Instant Pot Potstickers
- Instant Pot
- baking sheet
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 32 dumpling wrappers
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Turn your Instant pot to saute.
- Add your oil to the Instant pot.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Stir often.
- Add onion and carrots, ground turkey, roasted red peppers, soy sauce and spices,
- Stir constantly until turkey is cooked.
- Remove the mixture from the Instant Pot.
- Set to the side.
- Place the mixture in a large blender.
- Pulse several times, until ingredients are well mixed and slightly clumpy.
- Place 5-6 dumpling wrappers on a tray.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of turkey mixture into the center of each wrapper.
- Use water to wet outside edges of the wrapper.
- Use your fingers to fold wrapper into a taco shape, then bunch edges together from the outside in.
- Place each potsticker back on the baking sheet.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Wipe clean the Instant Pot.
- Add oil to the Instant Pot and turn to saute.
- Once hot, place potstickers flat side down and cook for about 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Flip each potsticker for even cooking.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add more potstickers, and oil as needed, until all are cooked.
- Add 1/3 cup water to the Instant Pot and the trivet.
- Place a steam basket on top of the trivet and add the potstickers in a single layer.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot, seal vent, and set to manual.
- Set timer for 2 minutes.
- Release steam immediately.
- Remove potstickers from the Instant Pot.
- Serve with soy sauce.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!