Air Fryer Margherita Pizza is the best way to have pizza without all the hassle!
This air-fried pizza is going to be a family favorite, that you are likely to add to your meal plan often! You can serve it with any of the side dishes in this What to Eat with Pizza post.
Easy pizza recipes are a staple in our household. Not only are pizzas delicious, but they are also kid-friendly, and you can personalize them quickly to your family’s preferred taste.
Health Benefits of This Air Fryer Pizza
Besides being delicious, this air fryer pizza is also full of ingredients that benefit your health, like pizza sauce (which is made from tomatoes).
Tomatoes are packed full of lycopene, and lycopene is what gives tomatoes that beautiful red color that we love. Just as lycopene helps protects tomatoes from the sun, it can do the same for our skin.
Why I Love This Recipe
Air Fryer Margherita pizza takes minutes in the air fryer, helping you get dinner on the table quickly.
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Fun to make
Want to take your pizza-making skills outdoors? Check out these Blackstone pizza oven recipes.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these air-fried pizzas. One trip to the grocery store to purchase these items and you are ready to make your meal!
- Pizza dough, store bought or homemade (make sure that each pizza dough will fit in your sized air fryer)
- Pizza sauce, store bought or homemade
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves
- crushed red peppers
Crushed Red Pepper: Red pepper gives your pizza a delicious spice kick, if you like a mild pizza leave it off.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need two simple to help you get this pizza together for your family.
- Air Fryer
- Rolling pin
How to Make Air Fryer Margherita Pizza
This easy air fryer pizza recipe comes together in just 6 simple steps and takes less than 20 minutes to make.
Step 1: Prepare your pizza crust
Roll your pizza dough (about 2 oz) on a lightly floured surface until you reach your desired thinness. Make sure that the circumference of your dough will fit in your air fryer.
Step 2: Air Fry your pizza crust
Add parchment paper to your air fryer as some air fryers are not evenly flat, and your dough won’t cook flat, nor evenly. Add your rolled-out pizza dough to your air fryer. Cook the dough for 3 minutes at 370 degrees.
Step 3: Top your pizza
Once the time is complete, keep in the air fryer to add your toppings as it is easier than transferring in and out. Add 3 tablespoon pizza sauce and spread evenly on your dough. Then distribute your sliced mozzarella evenly on the sauce.
Step 4: Air Fry your pizza
Cook your pizza again to melt your topping for five minutes at 370 degrees. You will know that your pizza is done when your cheese is completely melted and your crust is browned on the edges.
Step 5: Garnish your pizza
Once your pizza is completely cooked, add your basil and optional red pepper flakes, and then enjoy.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
Looking for a way to change up this pizza? Here are some suggestions.
Olive Oil: When you are cooking your pizza crust, brush your crust lightly with olive oil for additional flavor.
Basil: Don’t like fresh basil? Use dried basil or Italian seasoning in its place.
Garlic: Make the pizza crust taste different by brushing garlic butter on the edges of your crust before baking.
Looking for some additional toppings for your pizza? Here are some of my favorite suggestions.
- Italian sausage
- parmesan cheese
- bell peppers
- sliced onions
Here is a helpful tip to make sure you get the best results from your air-fried pizza.
When air frying your pizza, be sure to leave plenty of room to cook around each crust. Do not overcrowd your air fryer.
Here are the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about this pizza.
Store your leftover pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Reheat your leftover pizza in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes.
You can use any type of air fryer that you have in your kitchen. If you have a basket-style air fryer you will need to make more batches of pizzas.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like using your air fryer, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Breadsticks
- Air Fryer chicken tenders
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Naan
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Indian Fry Bread Tacos
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Margherita Pizza
- Air Fryer
- 8 oz Pizza dough store bought or homemade (make sure that each pizza dough will fit in your sized air fryer)
- 12 tablespoon Pizza sauce store bought or homemade – feel free to add more or less depending on your preference!
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- 4 teaspoon fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- Roll your pizza dough (about 2 oz) on a lightly floured surface until you reach your desired thinness. Make sure that the circumference of your dough will fit in your air fryer.
- Add parchment paper to your air fryer as some air fryers are not evenly flat, and your dough won’t cook flat, nor evenly.
- Add your rolled-out pizza dough to your air fryer. Cook the dough for 3 minutes at 370 degrees.
- Once the time is complete, keep in the air fryer to add your toppings as it is easier than transferring in and out.
- Add 3 tablespoon pizza sauce and spread evenly on your dough.
- Distribute your sliced mozzarella evenly on the sauce.
- Cook again for 5 minutes at 370 degrees.
- Once complete, remove your pizza from the air fryer. Add your basil, and red peppers.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!