These Air Fryer Breadsticks are simple to make and so delicious! They’re crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. The perfect snack or side dish!
Does your family have a weekly pizza night? Then this is the recipe that pairs perfectly with your homemade pizza.
- Air Fryer Breadsticks
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
- How to Make Air Fryer Breadsticks
- Variations / Options / Add-Ins
- Serving Suggestions
- More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Breadsticks Recipe
- Air Fryer Breadsticks
Air Fryer Breadsticks
The long and thin bread we know today as breadsticks were first described in 1643 by a Florentine abbot. The dish may have started out as an effort to make it easier for Duke Victor Amadeus II of Savoy, who had digestive problems when he was younger.
Why I Love This Recipe
The best way to enjoy a delicious and crispy breadstick is by making it in your air fryer! These simple ingredients will be ready within just minutes. The outside gets crisp, while the inside stays soft – you won’t want another breadstick after eating these Air Fryer Breadsticks!
- Easy to make
- Fun to make
- Always a hit at parties
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love easy Air Fryer recipes, you may also enjoy this Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks recipe.
These Air Fryer Breadsticks only require a few simple ingredients, all of which are easy to find at your local grocery store, but you should have most of these ingredients on hand already.
- Pizza dough (equivalent to two large pizzas)
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
Butter: A healthier substitute for butter is olive oil. Although, butter is more flavorful than olive oil.
Italian seasoning: Make your own Italian seasoning by mixing together dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, dried sage, and dried rosemary.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a handful of kitchen tools to help you make this recipe for breadsticks.
How to Make Air Fryer Breadsticks
Making these Air Fryer Breadsticks is simple and easy. Follow these simple steps below and you will have a delicious side dish or snack in no time at all.
Step 1: Divide the dough into the breadsticks
Divide dough into desired size breadsticks to fit the air fryer basket.
Step 2: Twist the breadsticks
Twist each dough breadstick.
Step 3: Melt the butter
Melt butter and mix in spices.
Step 4: Butter the breadsticks
Using a food brush, generously coat each breadstick with butter mixture.
Step 5: Add the sticks to the air fryer
Place breadsticks in the air fryer basket leaving some room between sticks.
Step 6: Air fry the twists
Cook in the air fryer on 350 for 6 minutes or until breadsticks are golden brown.
Step 7: Serve while warm
Enjoy with your favorite marinara sauce.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
There are so many ways you can enjoy these Air Fryer Breadsticks. Be creative and try out some of these tasty variations.
Chocolate breadsticks: Skip the butter mixture and add chocolate chips inside your pizza dough when you twist it to make chocolate breadsticks that your kids will love.
Cheesy breadsticks: Put some sliced mozzarella cheese inside your twisted breadstick to have cheesy bread that is oh-so-yummy!
Plain breadsticks: If what you’re looking for is plain and simple breadsticks, you can skip all the toppings, fillings, or butter mixture and make a plain breadstick that still tastes amazing.
You can top your breadsticks with anything you like, be creative, and come up with your own combination.
- Sesame seeds
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
Want to make sure your breadsticks come out perfect each and every time? Follow these tips below.
- If you don’t have time to make your own dough, you can use store-bought pizza dough.
- If you want a softer breadstick, cook for less time.
- Or if you want a crispier breadstick, cook for more time.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. You may need to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Be sure to generously brush the breadsticks with the butter mixture. This will ensure a delicious and flavorful breadstick.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. We love marinara, garlic dipping sauce, or ranch dressing.
- These Air Fryer Breadsticks are best enjoyed fresh and warm out of the air fryer.
- If you love extra crispy breadsticks you can brush them with olive oil before you air fry them.
Do you have questions about this Air Fryer Breadsticks recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Store leftovers in a ziplock bag or airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees and reheat breadsticks in the air fryer for around 3 minutes if at room temperature, and around 5 minutes if kept in a refrigerator.
You can bake breadsticks in a regular oven at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Line your pan with a greased baking sheet to keep the dough from sticking to the pan.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
Air Fryer Breadsticks Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Breadsticks
- Air Fryer
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Food brush
- Microwave – used to melt the butter
- 2 Pizza dough equivalent to two large pizzas
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder
- Divide dough into desired size breadsticks to fit air fryer basket.
- Twist each dough breadstick.
- Melt butter and mix in spices.
- Using a food brush, generously coat each breadstick with butter mixture.
- Place breadsticks in air fryer basket leaving some room between sticks.
- Cook in air fryer on 350 for 6 minutes or until breadsticks are golden.
- Enjoy with your favorite marinara sauce!
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!