This Instant Pot Pizza Casserole is a fast and easy weeknight dinner. Even better, kids love it!
I’ve been trying to come up with more recipes that my kids can, and look forward to, making. Given my fondness for my Instant Pot, I decided it was high time to come up with an Instant Pot recipe they could easily make.
Since my kids love pizza, I used that as my recipe inspiration. That’s how I came up with this Instant Pot Pizza Casserole.
How to Make Instant Pot Pizza Casserole
This Instant Pot Pizza Casserole is super easy to make. It’s so easy, even kids can make it!
The great thing about making this in the Instant Pot is that kids don’t have to handle multiple pots and pans, even though they’ll use two different cooking functions.
Plus, only one pot to clean after dinner! This recipe is as simple as 1-2-3. Check it out:
Step 1 – Brown the Meat
First, you’ll need to sauté the ground beef with some onion and garlic.
Step 2 – Add Remaining Ingredients
Next, add the cooked pasta to the Instant Pot.
Then, the sauce and a half cup of mozzarella cheese.
Stir well and top with the another cup of cheese and some pepperoni.
Step 3 – Cook
Finally, secure the Instant Pot lid, press the stew setting and cook for 10 minutes. Quick release.
Your Instant Pot Pizza Casserole is ready to serve!
Instant Pot Pizza Casserole
Ready to make this Instant Pot Pizza Casserole? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups pasta sauce (seasoned)
- 5 cups cooked pasta
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Handful pepperoni, to taste
- Set the IP to sauté and add the ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook until the ground beef is fully browned. Turn off the saute setting.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, tomato sauce and ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the casserole, then distribute the pepperoni.
- Cook for 10 minutes on the stew setting, quick release, then serve.
More Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
Although this Instant Pot Pizza Casserole was the first one I developed specifically with my kids in mind, I’ve created several others that are just as easy. If you liked this recipe, then you might enjoy these: