Last Updated on March 27, 2023 by Corinne Schmitt
Air Fryer Lasagna Cups are the perfect portioned size for a quick and easy weeknight meal. These lasagna cups are cheesy, saucy, and full of flavor!
If you love lasagna but don’t want to spend hours making it, then these air fryer lasagna cups are for you! Plus, these cups are kid friendly and your entire family will love them.
Air Fryer Lasagna
Lasagna is one of the oldest forms of pasta, dating back to the 14th century. The word “lasagna” comes from the Greek word “laganon”, which means flat sheet. Lasagna is usually made with wide, flat noodles, but there are many different variations of this dish.
Lasagna can be made with different types of sauces, meats, and vegetables. The most popular type of lasagna is Italian lasagna, which is made with red sauce, ground beef, and ricotta cheese. However, there are many different variations of this dish, such as vegetarian lasagna or seafood lasagna.
Why I Love This Recipe
Air Fryer Lasagna Cups are the ultimate quick and easy weeknight meal. These cheesy, saucy lasagna cups will make your taste buds happy!
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
- Fills the house with a delicious aroma
If you are looking for a tasty twist on the traditional lasagna recipe look no further than this Instant Pot Taco Lasagna recipe.
You only need a handful of single ingredients to help you make this
- lasagna pasta, pre-soaked
- meat sauce
- ricotta cheese
- shredded mozzarella
- parsley for garnish
Noodles: If you can’t find lasagna noodles that are already pre-soaked, you can soak them yourself in hot water for about 15 minutes.
Pasta Sauce: If you don’t have meat sauce on hand, you can use any type of pasta sauce that you like. I love using vodka sauce, marinara sauce, or spinach and artichoke sauce.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make these tasty savory cups. Grab these kitchen tools and great ready to enjoy this family-friendly meal idea. You don’t even need a baking dish to make this simple recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Lasagna
Making these cups is simple. Just follow the instructions below and you will have a delicious recipe that your family will love with just a few minutes of cook time.
Step 1: Cut the lasagna noodles to line the bottom of the jumbo cupcake liners
Cut the lasagna pasta to line the bottom of the jumbo cupcake liner.
Step 2: Add some meat sauce and top with another noodle
Add a tablespoon of meat sauce. Then cut a small piece of lasagna pasta to put on the top.
Step 3: Add a ricotta cheese layer
Add a tablespoon of meat sauce, half of the ricotta cheese, and another layer of pasta.
Step 4: Top with meat sauce and cheese
Top with 1 1/2 tablespoons of meat sauce then top with mozzarella cheese. Add the completed cup to the air fryer basket.
Step 5: Repeat for the remaining lasagna cups
Repeat 5 more times.
Step 6: Air fry the cups
Cook at 350 for 8 minutes and then let cool before removing from molds to eat.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
There are so many ways that you can change up this recipe to make it your own. Here are a few ideas:
Add veggies: You can add any type of veggie that you like to these lasagna cups. I love adding spinach, mushrooms, and onions.
Add protein: You can add cooked ground beef, chicken, or Italian sausage to these lasagna cups.
Make it dairy-free: You can omit the cheese or use a dairy-free cheese alternative.
Serve these air fryer lasagna cups with a side salad and some garlic bread. I also like to garnish mine with some freshly chopped parsley.
Here are a few helpful tips to help you make sure that these air fryer lasagna cups turn out perfectly.
- If you are having trouble getting the lasagna cups out of the liner, run a knife around the edge to loosen them up.
- You can also spray the silicone molds with cook spray to help prevent sticking.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- You can also sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top of of the lasagna before you cook them in the air fryer.
- If you want a keto lasagna cup, use thinly sliced zucchini to make low carb zucchini lasagna cups.
- Add more flavor to your sauce with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
You can reheat in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes at 350 degrees or in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Yes, you can freeze these for up to 2 months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryers, give these recipes a try:
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Margherita Pizza
- Easy Air Fryer Mozzarella Slices
- Air Fryer Lasagna Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Lasagna Cups
- jumbo cupcake liners
- Air Fryer
- 8 pieces lasagna pasta pre-soaked
- 3 cups meat sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- parsley for garnish
- Cut the lasagna pasta to line the bottom of the jumbo cupcake liner.
- Add a tablespoon of meat sauce. Then cut a small piece of lasagna pasta for the top.
- Add a tablespoon of meat sauce, half of the ricotta cheese, and another layer of pasta.
- Top with 1 1/2 tablespoons of meat sauce then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat 5 more times.
- Cook at 350 for 8 minutes and then let cool before removing from molds to eat.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!