If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to enjoy pizza, look no further than air fryer pizza rolls! These little bites are perfect for a party or as a quick and easy dinner.
If you are looking for a fun snack that can get your kids in the kitchen then look no further than this air fryer recipe. You’ll love how crispy and delicious they are, plus they are so easy to make.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Did you know that pizza rolls were created in Duluth, Minnesota by food industry entrepreneur Jeno and have been enjoyed for over 50 years since their creation? Not only are these bite-sized treats perfect for snacks, but they also make for a tasty and crispy meal.
Why I Love This Recipe
Air fryer pizza rolls are a great way to enjoy pizza at home without the fuss of cooking. They’re quick, easy, and taste delicious too!
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Easy to make
- Fun to make
- Perfect for picky eaters
If you love crispy air fryer recipes, you may also enjoy this Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Chips recipe.
To make this simple snack, you only need a handful of ingredients which are all easy to find at your local grocery store. Gather these ingredients and get ready for the perfect after-school snack.
- pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
- mozzarella cheese, diced
- pepperoni, diced
- pizza sauce
Pepperoni: I used regular pepperoni, but you could use turkey pepperoni or even sausage.
Pizza Sauce: You could also use Alfredo sauce, ranch dressing, or even a garlic butter sauce.
Equipment Needed / Helpful Tools
You will need a few basic kitchen tools to make this recipe. You should have these items on hand in your kitchen already.
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Making air fryer pizza rolls is a relatively simple process, but it does require a few steps. Follow these steps below and you will have a delicious snack that your entire family will love in no time at all.
Step 1: Mix together pizza roll filling
In a bowl, mix pepperoni, cheese, and sauce
Make sure dough is on a floured surface. Flatten dough into a rectangle and cut sides to make even.
Step 2: Add the filling to the pizza dough
Spoon one teaspoon of filling onto dough, and then add five more dollops of filling 1/2” apart on half of the rectangle. With egg wash or water dampen the dough around the dollops of filling.
Step 3: Fold over the dough to make a pocket
Fold over the dough to cover the dollops of filling. Force out the air around the filling and enclose the bites.
Step 4: Seal the pizza roll closed
Using a pastry crimper or pizza cutter, cut out each pizza roll. If you use a pizza cutter, you’ll want to use a fork to crimp the edges of the pizza rolls.
Step 5: Spray the pizza rolls with oil
Place pizza rolls in the air fryer basket and spray with oil.
Step 7: Air fryer the homemade pizza rolls
Cook on 350 for 5 minutes. Let cool before eating, the filling will be extremely hot.
Variations / Options / Add-Ins
There are so many different ways that you can enjoy these air fryer pizza rolls. Here are a few of my favorite variations:
Cheese Pizza Rolls: Omit the pepperoni and just fill it with cheese for a classic cheese pizza roll.
Vegetarian Pizza Rolls: Fill with your favorite veggies like mushrooms, onions, peppers, and olives.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Rolls: Swap out the pizza sauce for BBQ sauce and add in some shredded chicken.
Once your pizza rolls are cooked, there are so many different ways that you can enjoy them. Here are a few of my favorite toppings and dips:
- Marinara Sauce
- Pizza Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Alfredo Sauce
- Garlic Butter Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the best air fryer pizza rolls:
- Be sure to flour your work surface before rolling out the dough to prevent it from sticking.
- I like to use a pastry cutter or pizza cutter to cut out my pizza rolls, but you could also use a knife.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you could bake these in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- For a crispy crust, spray the pizza rolls with oil before cooking.
- Be sure to let the pizza rolls cool slightly before eating as the filling will be very hot.
Do you have questions about this air fryer pizza rolls recipe? Here are the answers to the commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Leftover pizza rolls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer and cook at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes.
Yes, you can freeze these pizza rolls. Place them in a freezer-safe bag or container and they will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air fryer recipes, give these recipes a try:
Ready to get cooking? Print off the recipe card below or toggle on Cook Mode to keep your screen from going dark while you follow along on your phone or tablet.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 28 ounces pizza crust homemade or store bought
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese diced
- 1 cup pepperoni diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- In a bowl, mix pepperoni, cheese and sauce.
- Make sure dough is on a floured surface. Flatten dough into a rectangle and cut sides to make even.
- Spoon one teaspoon of filling onto dough, and then add five more dollops of filling 1/2” apart on half of the rectangle. With egg wash or water dampen the dough around the dollops of filling.
- Fold over the dough to cover the dollops of filling. Force out the air around the filling and enclose the bites.
- Using a pastry crimper or pizza cutter, cut out each pizza roll. If you use a pizza cutter, you’ll want to use a fork to crimp the edges of the pizza rolls.
- Place pizza rolls in the air fryer basket and spray with oil.
- Cook on 350 for 5 minutes. Let cool before eating, filling will be extremely hot.
Need to run to the store for a few ingredients first? Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it when you’re ready to cook!