Cold weather is no reason to sacrifice family fun time. This printable sheet of family winter bucket list ideas has lots of activities that will bring you closer as a family.
Family Winter Bucket List Ideas
Many of the ideas on this family winter bucket list are self-explanatory. I’ve also linked each item from the list to a helpful recipe, tutorial or product to help you check off each bucket list item.
Because of the popularity of my Random Acts of Kindness Christmas Calendar for Kids, I’ve included a few kindness acts in this bucket list as well. I can’t think of a better way to help children develop charitable hearts than to make it a fun family activity!
The things I’ve linked to are just suggestions. In fact, the whole list is just suggestions and ideas to help you enjoy more family time this winter. Hopefully, you’ll find some ideas you really like.
- Bake homemade bread – Try this super simple bread recipe or choose from one of 20 delicious bread varieties
- Make snow ice cream
- Donate old towels and/or blankets to an animal shelter
- Build a snow man
- Have a snowball fight – Hate the cold? You might prefer this Indoor Snowball Fight kit.
- Host a football party
- Play a board game – Check out my list of the best family board games for suggestions
- Make a snow globe
- Go to a hockey game
- Make snow angels
- Have a family movie night
- Make chicken noodle soup
- Shovel a neighbor’s driveway
- Camp out in the family room
- Make apple cider
- Enjoy a reading day – The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats is one of my favorite picks to read to the kids
- Donate winter wear to a homeless shelter
- Make personalized mugs
- Enjoy hot cocoa in your new mugs
- Bake cookies
- Visit a museum
- Go ice skating
- Go bowling
- Do a winter scavenger hunt
- Take pictures in the snow
- Have a pajama day
- Go sledding
- Curl up by the fire
- Collect pine cones
- Make a bird feeder
- Build a snow fort
Printable Family Winter Bucket List
To download the printable, click on the image below. You’ll be prompted to subscribe to my weekly newsletter (once you’re a subscriber, you get access to a page where you can download all of my printables without having to fill in a form each time).