Last Updated on June 22, 2021 by Corinne Schmitt
There is nothing better than sitting down with a small bowl of S’mores Cookie Dough, especially after a long day. This is a quick and easy edible cookie dough recipe that is packed with chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers!
HOW DO I MAKE COOKIE DOUGH SAFE TO EAT?
People have been sneaking bites of raw cookie dough since the cookie was invented. Unfortunately, there can be some health hazards to eating regular cookie dough raw.
There can be a risk of food poisoning or bacterial contamination with raw cookie dough.
Eggs are a problem when it comes to cookie dough safety. It is always best to leave eggs out of your recipe if you are planning to eat the dough raw. Eggs are known to harbor salmonella on their shells. When the egg is cracked sometimes the bacteria can contaminate the food.
The other risky ingredient is flour. Flour can harbor E. coli unless the flour is cooked. E. coli is killed when the flour is cooked and reaches a temperature of at least 160°F.
It is possible to make cookie dough safe to eat by removing the eggs from the recipe and cooking the flour beforehand.
INGREDIENTS FOR S’MORES COOKIE DOUGH
This recipe has traditional cookie ingredients plus those yummy items to give it that s’mores flavor.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Salted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Light Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Chocolate Chunks
- Mini Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
HOW TO MAKE S’MORES COOKIE DOUGH
I love eating cookies, but the process of baking batch after batch wears me out and it takes too long. Making cookie dough that I can eat is so much easier!
STEP ONE: SIFT FLOUR
We will start off by cooking the flour so it is safe to add to the dough. Sift the flour into a large skillet.
Place the skillet on the stove over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring it often so it doesn’t burn or scorch.
Once you are done cooking the flour just sit it aside so it can cool off.
If you don’t want to cook the flour on the stovetop you can put the flour on a baking sheet and bake it at 350°F for 5-7 minutes.
STEP TWO: CHOP GRAHAM CRACKERS
Grab the graham crackers and chop them up into smaller pieces that are about the same size as the mini marshmallows.
STEP THREE: MAKE DOUGH
In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and mix it for 10-15 seconds with a whisk attachment on your stand mixer.
Add in the vanilla, light brown sugar, and white sugar and mix until well-combined.
Now add in the flour and beat until combined.
Add the milk in a little bit at a time until it resembles cookie dough.
STEP FOUR: FOLD IN EXTRAS
Now it is time to make this cookie dough taste like a s’mores treat.
Fold in the mini marshmallows, chocolate chunks, and the graham cracker pieces. You can use chocolate chips, but the chunks are better!
STEP FIVE: REFRIGERATE
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to chill.
Now it is ready to eat!
S’MORES COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE
I know you are excited to make this delicious cookie dough. You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
S’mores Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 Cup chocolate chunks
- 1/4 Cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup chopped graham crackers
- Sift flour into a large pan.
- Heat over medium flame for 5 minutes, stirring often.* Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop graham crackers into small pieces, about the size of the marshmallows.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, add softened butter and whip for 10-15 seconds.
- Add vanilla and both sugars, and mix until combined, about 15 seconds.
- Add flour and beat until combined.
- Add milk, a little at a time until it resembles cookie dough.
- Fold in chocolate chunks, marshmallows and graham crackers.
- Refrigerate for 15 min and then serve.
- Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator, covered.
If you love easy dessert recipes be sure to try these:
- Patriotic Edible Cookie Dough
- Coconut Oatmeal Protein Cookies
- Cherry Pie Cookie Cups
- Apple Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Dirt Pudding Cups With Gummy Worms
- Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!