Turkey Cranberry Sliders are the perfect recipe to use up leftover turkey from the holidays. This easy slider recipe is absolutely delicious and will fly off the platter faster than the turkey did!
WHAT ARE SLIDERS?
The story I have always heard is that sliders originated with the burger chain, White Castle. They used to sell a small hamburger for only 5 cents! They still sell a variety of sliders, but charge more than 5 cents now, LOL.
The term sliders has been said to mean the burgers slide out of the box easily and slide down your throat easily.
Sliders are basically small sandwiches or hamburgers. It used to be a term that was almost exclusive to hamburgers, but sliders have gotten very popular in recent years and the term now encompasses almost any small sandwich.
INGREDIENTS FOR TURKEY CRANBERRY SLIDERS
One of my favorite ingredients in this recipe are the Hawaiian rolls! I love finding new ways to eat these soft, sweet rolls. Using up Thanksgiving leftovers at the same time makes this easy recipe a no-brainer!
- Sweet Hawaiian Rolls
- Cream Cheese
- Cranberry Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY CRANBERRY SLIDERS
I love recipes that are simple to put together and feed a crowd. This Turkey Cranberry Sliders recipe is very easy to double or triple if you are feeding a lot of people.
STEP ONE: MAKE SPREAD
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
Put the softened cream cheese and cranberry sauce into a medium bowl and beat them together until well-blended.
STEP TWO: CUT ROLLS
Take the block of sweet Hawaiian rolls out of the package intact.
Cut the entire block of rolls in half using a large knife. You are basically cutting them so they are similar to a bun with a top and bottom.
STEP THREE: ASSEMBLE SLIDERS
Spread the cream cheese and cranberry spread over the inside top half of the rolls.
Place the slices of turkey on the bottom of the rolls.
Put the top “bun” back on top of the turkey slices to form a sandwich.
TIP: If you have picky eaters at your house that don’t care for the cranberry flavor just leave the spread off a few rolls and they can just have a plain turkey sandwich slider.
STEP FOUR: MAKE BUTTER SPREAD
Grab a small bowl and melt the butter in it in the microwave.
Once the butter is melted, add the garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl. Use a wisk to combine these ingredients.
Use a pastry or basting brush to brush the butter mixture over the top of the rolls.
STEP SEVEN: BAKE
Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the top of the sliders is golden brown.
TURKEY CRANBERRY SLIDERS RECIPE
I know you are anxious to get that leftover turkey used up! You can print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- 1 package sweet and buttery Hawaiian rolls 12 count package
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 pound turkey sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and cranberry sauce.
- Using a large knife, cut the entire block of Hawaiian rolls in half.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top half of the rolls. Place the sliced chicken on top of the bottom half of rolls. Carefully place the top half on top of the turkey slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Wisk to combine, then spread the mixture over the top of the sandwiches.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the top of the sliders is golden brown.
If you want some more great turkey recipes check these out:
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Turkey Noodle Casserole
- Instant Pot Turkey Soup
- Instant Pot Turkey for an Effortless Thanksgiving
Don’t forget to PIN this for later!