These Coconut Oatmeal Protein Cookies are packed with wholesome ingredients so you can enjoy dessert with less guilt. I love protein cookies as a snack because they give you great, prolonged energy and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time.
My life consists of trying to keep the house in order, working on my business, and doing my best to raise my children into happy, productive adults.
I always need help in the energy and focus department. I’m pretty much useless in the morning until I’ve had a cup of coffee and its effects wear off by lunch time. After lunch, I have to have a good source of protein that is easy to grab and scarf down so I can continue being effective, instead of collapsing on the couch longing for a nap.
After my caffeine high wears off, my sweet tooth kicks in assuring me sugar is the answer to my waning energy levels. I know I need protein for sustained energy, but my mouth is drooling for cookies. That’s why protein cookies are my favorite afternoon pick-me-up. And these coconut oatmeal protein cookies are my absolute favorite.
How to Make Coconut Oatmeal Protein Cookies
I know a lot of people who don’t like to make cookies because they think the process is tedious and messy. These cookies are done in a food processor so you can have them ready for the oven in just five minutes! Once they’re in the oven they only take 6 minutes to bake. Plus, your mess is contained to the food processor bowl which you can put right in the dishwasher.
Normally, I break my recipes down into steps, but there are really only two steps for these coconut oatmeal protein cookies:
You put all of the dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, protein powder, and coconut flakes) in the food processor and pulse into a powder. Then you add the coconut oil and milk and pulse until the ingredients are well combined.
All you have to do after that is spoon the dough onto a cookie sheet and bake!
When they come out of the oven, you should let them cool for a few minutes. I let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container with a piece of bread to keep them from drying out. Then I grab one or two (usually two) when I need an afternoon energy boost.
These coconut oat protein cookies really do work well for me. I’m always more focused and on my game when I have eaten them for breakfast (if I’m rushing) or mid-morning snack. This recipe usually makes about 10 cookies for me. I don’t know exactly how much the dough makes because I can’t ever keep myself from eating the dough! No worries about raw egg you guys, it’s vegan too (unless you use cow’s milk in place of coconut milk).
Coconut Oatmeal Protein Cookie Recipe
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (rice milk, soy milk, or cow milk will also work)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the oats, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and protein powder together until it has a semi-fine flour appearance to it. Add in the coconut milk and coconut oil. Pulse again until the mixture is moistened throughout. Remove the blade and fold in the coconut flakes.
- Form the dough into 3 inch cookies and arrange on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Carefully move to a cooling rack to cool for at least five minutes before serving.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes
If I’ve sold you on the idea of “healthy” cookies, you should check out these other posts:
Latest posts by Corinne Schmitt (see all)
- 5 Sleepover Games Your Kids & Their Friends Are Going to Love - August 18, 2017
- September Acts of Kindness Calendar - August 17, 2017
- 20 DIY Games for Family Game Night - August 16, 2017