Last Updated on November 2, 2022 by Corinne Schmitt
This slow cooker Asian pot roast is a delicious twist on traditional pot roast. Since it slow roasts in the crock pot all day, it practically falls apart on its own, making it super easy to shred before serving. And I’m a big fan of easy dinner recipes!
I love cooking in a crock pot since I can prepare dinner early in the day when I have more free time and still have a hot, satisfying dinner on the table at the end of the day. My kids are less enthusiastic about our slow cooker meals though, especially if I don’t switch up the menu. So, here’s another recipe you can add to your slow cooker meal plan, Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff with Cream of Mushroom Soup.
My youngest son, in particular, doesn’t like how mushy the vegetables get when I make my traditional pot roast with carrots, celery, and potatoes. I decided to switch things up and make an Asian pot roast instead since he LOVES Chinese food.
How to Make Slow Cooker Asian Pot Roast
Like a lot of my recipes, this one is really easy to make. You just need to season the roast with garlic powder, pepper and ground mustard.
Next, you brown it on both sides.
Then, you put the roast in the crockpot. In a small bowl, whisk together water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and ginger.
Pour the sauce over the roast. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. That’s it!
How to Serve Slow Cooker Asian Pot Roast
Because it’s an Asian dish, it works really well served over rice in a bowl (to catch all that yummy sauce).
Serve it with a side of Oriental green beans. They’re quick and easy to make and go perfectly with this dish.
Recipe for Slow Cooker Asian Pot Roast
Here’s a printable version of the recipe with detailed measurements for each of the ingredients.
Asian Pot Roast
- 1 4 lb boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- sesame seeds optional
- sliced green onions optional
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. While skillet is heating, coat the roast with garlic powder, black pepper, and mustard powder. Add the roast to the skillet and brown on both sides (about 5 minutes per side).
- Remove roast from skillet and add to crock pot. Pour remaining ingredients over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice and top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired.
More Easy Family Dinner Recipes
Sign up for my newsletter and have a new recipe delivered to your inbox each week in my weekly newsletter.